Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 12, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Avios - how many points?

Hi - we have a shed load of Avios points lingering around unloved and unused and were wondering roughly how many points it is for a stay at DLrP?

I know "it depends" is likely to be the answer, but has anyone done it? Any ball-park figures?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 12, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Really you are best checking the Avios site. They may not do the on site hotels some places don't.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 12, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post

When I checked with them last week -
46,750 avois points plus £841 got me 5nights/6days in Sequoia Lodge, 2 adults 2 children under 7 !

or

43525 points plus £782.60 got me the same holiday in Cheyenne.

Needless to say I didnt book ! I Also checked for flights and it was £80 taxes per flight each plus 36000 avois.
We found that we couldn't use our cludcard points on these - we have 50000 saved, but if you had more this might give you an idea hth
Old 7 Mar 12, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for that... you can't get the figures from the Avios site - you have to ring... I hate that...
That "price" does seem a bit much really, but we do have a lot of points (AmEx card)... hate the fact they changed to add taxes... , but thanks for putting a figure to it!
Old 7 Mar 12, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I think it is 9,000 points per person to fly to Paris. Eurostar to Marne la Vallee is more, I think. Have a search on the site.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 12, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Just an idea, you could use your avios points to buy your park tickets and then stay in one of the partner hotels which you can book for quite good prices with many different websites.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 12, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
randc
Imagineer

randc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post
Thank you for that... you can't get the figures from the Avios site - you have to ring... I hate that...
That "price" does seem a bit much really, but we do have a lot of points (AmEx card)... hate the fact they changed to add taxes... , but thanks for putting a figure to it!
If you are ringing them check out the saynoto0870 website. They have alternative numbers for ringing them which I always use as we get free landline calls on our phone package,
Good luck,
Old 7 Mar 12, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
In 2008 I used my airmiles for myself and my DGD stayed in DLH 4 nights 5 days, + the eurostar and it cost me 18,000 airmiles. I think since Avios have taken over it would be a lot more than that now.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Just looked on the Avios site. It's 9,000 plus £27 to fly to CDG (but I guess you would then have to pay for transfer yourself) or 9,000 for Eurostar.

I know on the 'Disneyland Paris' page it doesn't give you prices, you have to phone them - but it does give you travel prices (9,000 points).

Searching separately under 'Hotels' for Disneyland Paris brings up some hotels in Paris itself, but also brings up some offsite hotels near DLP, including partner hotels.

I looked for some dates in November, and got the following:

Dream Castle or Magic Circus - 47,250 points (I guess this doesn't include park tickets)
Antipodes Res Marne la Vallee - 42,900
Relais Spa Val D'Europe or Residhome Prestige Val d'Europe - 43,400

That's per person, BTW.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 12, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

You have to be sure though with the flights - I was told BA are only £27 taxes into CDG - but from Belfast we had to stop in exeter and pay Flybe £87 each - so just be sure who you're flying with - the lady didn't even mention the stopover until I asked !

Defo better on the phone tbh xx
Closed Thread