Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 05, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
DLP Info: Transport Information

Let's compile all the information on how to get to Paris into one thread.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 05, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I'll start.
Flights
We flew Air France from Newcastle. We flew Air France because the flight times were good, so we got longer in the park.
EasyJetare another option from Newcastle (and other places)

From CDG Airport there are 3 options to get to Disneyland Paris.
VEA Shuttle
VEA Shuttle
Adult rate: 14 € per trip
For adults and children 12 and over

Child rate: 11,5 € per trip
For children 3 to 11 included

Free for children under 3

This is the easiest option, and used by most people. It takes quite a long time as it picks up from 5 points at the airport and drops off at 10 hotels, but it will get you there.

Pre Book a Car This is probably the best option, but it's hard to know who to call or what's the best deal.
I've found some websites but I haven't used them. I'd love to get some reviews. This one shuttair charges 76 Euros for upto 4 people.

Get a taxi on the rankAgain it's easy, and quick but I was worried about how much I would be charged. I would prefer a fixed rate price before I got in the car.
For our return journey, we booked a taxi through the hotel and were quoted a fixed rate of 70 Euros.

TGV Train The TGV runs from CDG Terminal 2 to the Station at Disneyland Paris (Marne-la-Vallée / Chessy Parcs Disneyland).
This apparantly only takes 10 minutes, and is about the same prices as the shuttle.
You can check the schedule here
I was very tempted by this option but would like more information on where to go and exactly what tickets to buy. As a non-French speaking person, I was a little intimidated at the thought of taking the train, but I would like to investigate it further, as 10 - 15 minutes transfer time is superb.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 05, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

For prices and times of the VEA shuttle see website vea

We flew easyjet to get the best prices book well in advance, I find easyjet the best over everyone because the flight times are always brilliant and the price. We get the early flight at around 8am from Liverpool and get the late plane home at around 10pm.

Last year when I went on my first holiday with my friend (no hubby or dad) and the kids, we were both pregnant, and so lucky. As soon as we got off the plane we got all our luggage and prams straight away and got out the airport and got a private taxi straight away and we were in the hotel for about 11am paris time.

Who needs men?

Edited at 09:09 PM.
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 05, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post

We have used BA from Manchester and we are using Jet2.com from Leeds in January. Jet2 flight times are much more reasonable for us with Jet2 as they are lunch-time, afternoon flights and with young kids we find this better than some of the Easyjet flight times which tend to be very early or very late.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 05, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post

We have travelled with air france and easyjet from Newcastle to dlp in the past and both have pros and cons. Air France times were better but more expensive. The service we got on AF was no where near as good as Easyjet. We find the terminal that Easyjet use (Terminal 3) much nicer than Terminal 2 that AF use. T3 is much nicer, especially with children. We have found no probs with VEA shuttle, but have heard of some peope who almost missed their flight because the bus was too full when it got to their hotel. Hope this helps.
Old 8 Sep 05, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Eurostar is a superb way of getting there. You can get on at either Waterloo or Ashford. If it's a direct train then from Ashford it's simply a two hour ride and you arrive at the park. Furthermore you take your luggage to be checked in in the station where they give you your tickets and they deliver the luggage straight to your room so you can get right into the park without wasting any time.
The train ride itself is very pleasant, very clean and quite a bit of space even for my 6 ft 4 inch partner.
Price wise it isn't too bad and if you collect air miles it's possible to use them in conjunction with the Eurostar which is a definite bonus.
All in all hassle free and a fast way of getting to the fun.
Old 8 Sep 05, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

The TGV terminal is inside the airport, all the staff speak english and if they dont fingers and a picture of mickey mouse do the trick... you then sit upstairs in the cafe area and wait for the board and platform number to come up..usually the train will be going to avignon or lyon as its final destination.. when you get on the train dont bother with a seat as your on for 10mins...

Have always used air france... It gets you to the right terminal for the TGV and manchester is nearer for us than easyjet, I never have any luck with easyjet I must be doing something wrong, it always ends up being more expensive than the major carriers..

The big prob with the shuttle bus is it cant actually carry as many people as are often waiting for it..and It often gets stuck in traffic..

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK

Edited at 02:45 PM.
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 05, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
A repeat of what I put on the "DLP info thread"...

From my diary:

"But out of the airport the real fun began.

People on the continent in general have no concept of a queue, and the bus to the resort was a fine example. Soon as the bus arrived, the people at the back of the queue jumped at the door of the coach. Seeing this, the driver shut the door quickly and counted up the number of people altogether. Enough to fit on, he realised, and started loading the luggage, and when done opened the door and started checking tickets or collecting fairs.

But oh no, nothing is as simple here. Some new people came along, loaded their luggage on and dived into the queue as close to the front as others would allow. By now I was using my tripod as a plow seeing as mum and I were in the first 10 in the queue from the now 80 odd people attempting to get on a 46 seater bus.

Chaos, and very cramped conditions. It was like a bus in India, and I am sure if allowed some of the people present would have climbed on the roof. "
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 05, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Does anyone know how i could get to DLP from Lille?The reason i ask, is because i've got enough Tesco points for for me and the kids to get Eurostar seats to lille(they won't allow DLP).So i thought we could change from here, as i'm sure the indirect trains change here.Also how long would it take from Lille-thanks.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 05, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Easy book the TGV from Lille onwards or in fact you could re book the eurostar leg for lille to dlp seperately...

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread