Notices

Old 14 Aug 19, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Pooles... Head Back To Orlando 2019 Day 2

This morning was rather eventful for all the wrong reasons... I woke up at a very respectable 5am, I did a bit of surfing and Grace was soon awake too so she watched something on the ipad.

I told them, as Mick was awake shortly after, that I wanted to be on the beach at just before 7 to watch the sunrise and everyone was up for that 😁

We all got up Grace had done toast and Mick got his ipad out and stated that it was only 4.54am...I'm like no it isn't its 6am...well we turned on the TV which clarified it was not 5 yet! What? How?

I really didn't understand it but to cut a long story short I had plugged in our clock radio just before going to sleep (we had used it in the Premier Inn) and it had spent the night gaining time! Yes gaining time! So there was me thinking I had done so well to stay asleep so long when it must have been about 3am not 5! We will all pay for this later in the day I am sure! Hey ho it is what it is... For goodness sake I was even dressed!

We all chilled out either reading, watching something or dozing and got up again at just after 6.30.Grace had her second breakfast which was some toastable French toast stuff we got out of the freezer in Public last night and then we went out to watch the sun.

It was already quite light now and hardly any people on the beach it was lovely. The water was warm as we paddled along and Mick had a quick dip on the way back. I decided as I was out now to do a little power walk along the beach so did a 35 minute stroll along which took me to 7000 steps... Better than none 😁 and the above picture was my view along.
I even managed to catch a photo with a group of pelicans flying along.

I got back and made a cuppa and then Mick and I had 2 eggs on a bit of toast and Grace had a yoghurt.

She had already been in the pool while I was out and was desparate to get back out there so I washed up, tidied around and we were poolside by 9 and the weather was beautiful.

The weather report was mixed so we didn't really know what was going to happen so decided to just stay out there until the weather turned. It didn't cloud over until about 12.30 and we had a wonderful morning, and Grace even played with 2 nice kids from Switzerland, and they were a really nice family actually and had been travelling around Florida a bit, this being their 4th week.

We came in and got a shower and got ready to go out to the Miromar Outlets over by Fort Myers Airport. This was a 40 minute drive away which is much nicer than the longer drive we usually have when coming down from Rotonda West. My trusty saved Google map got us there again, I love this.

We decided to go to the far end and work our way back down having something to eat at the end in Ford's Garage, somewhere we hadn't been before to eat. First stop was Nike, we actually got Grace a pair of trainers in here $29. 99. This was lucky as her foot is so narrow and we don't normally get her anything suitable here, she was over the moon and the first purchase was made.

We then spent what can only be described as a very painful half an hour (at least) in Justice and Clare's with Grace. She eventually decided on an antibac foam spray in Justice and a phone pop socket and case in Clare's... I did lose the will in Clare's and went next door to Auntie Anne's to get a pretzel to give me the energy to continue!

Michael Kors next and I was so close to making a purchase, so close! I walked away from 2 $99 handbags I really liked and decided there was so much of our holiday left that I had plenty of time to decide! (I am def losing my touch!)

We went in quite a few other stores, Fossil, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph etc but didn't get a thing and it felt like we were flagging now. I popped in to dress barn as I wanted to see if they had any evening dresses but nothing. We needed to eat really, Grace had had a cheese sandwich earlier but nothing else and we had had nothing since breakfast. We decided to do Gap, Calvin Klein and Aeropostale and then get food. Nothing in CK but we spent ages in Gap. I got a few T shirts all at $6. 99 and Grace got a new hoodie. Mick tried on a pair of chinos but didn't like them and didn't see anything else.

We then headed in to Aeropostale, I have in the past been pretty lucky in here and today was no exception. I got a new hoodie and matching joggers for $30... I was very happy, it was really comfy and I have worn my other one out from here so I am really really pleased.

We gave up then and went to the restaurant. We were seated straight away and wow what a cool place!

These are the sinks in the toilets! Love it!

Grace chose chicken tenders, I had the chicken salad and Mick had the brisket burger. Grace had an apple juice and we had sodas. It was all really really tasty but I think it helped that we were absolutely starving and had def earnt it! The bill came to $37 so we left a 20% tip and headed back on our way home.

We got home at about 6.30 and Grace was praying for her bed but we all had some ice cream and she has only just fallen asleep now at 8pm so she did well. I wanted us all to go out and watch the sunset but that is just not going to happen with our little time upset this morning.

We have moved the clock radio that is working so we can all see it and are looking forward to a big and long sleep!

Tomorrow we leave the beach and head up to Orlando so I hope you will join us on our adventures then.
Thanks for following and we will see you tomorrow Bye

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 14 Aug 19 12:57 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great shopping day and lovely food

Joan
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

How funny with the alarm clock!

Great shopping day

Aren’t the loos in Ford’s cool?! Our server said we must go and have a look as everyone takes photos of them, so it tickled me to see yours! Funnily enough, I didn’t take a photo myself
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
How funny with the alarm clock!

Great shopping day

Aren’t the loos in Ford’s cool?! Our server said we must go and have a look as everyone takes photos of them, so it tickled me to see yours! Funnily enough, I didn’t take a photo myself
Goodness that clock! Honestly I did not know what was going on!

Wow the loos were amazing... I couldn't resist the photo, luckily there was no one in there... Ha ha..
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great shopping day and lovely food

Joan
It was a good day Joan, thanks