blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
The Center Parcs and DLP Bonanza Day 2 - Deer, Drops & Disengage

Full Report Index here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/rep...php?userid=332

After a tense early start with my new friends at Autoglass Cambridge ("I'm not sure we can patch this one - you may need a new windscreen") it was duly patched and we left Cambridge for Elveden.

But not before we stopped off for breakfast at MacDonald's

I had a bacon roll, Paula went for a very healthy porridge, as did Charlie, Harry and Izzy had a sausage muffin. Nice!

After half an hour we checked in. The lady who was doing the honours asked us where we had got our tans from - er, Bournemouth!

No word of a lie as soon as we walked in we saw a deer grazing (these animatronics are getting more sophisticated by the day )

It's weird going to a different Center Parcs - everything is different but the same. It's a bit like going to Disneyland Paris after being to Disney World. Oh wait, that's next week

We hit the Subtropical Swimming Paradise (did the rapids 5 times, one slide and one family raft ride which has a huge drop where I might have screamed like a 6 year old girl!) and then we decided to grab some lunch. It isn't a Blusteryday Clan day without a food stop!

We bought lunch at the Parc Market and took it back to the villa which we found easily (we weren't supposed to go in until 3pm, but what they heck!)

We were eating outside when lo and behold our local friendly deer popped over to greet us!

Amazing that it came up so close to us! During an hour we spotted deer, squirrels and Canadian geese - quite a bit more wildlife than we've been used to at Longleat.

We've unpacked and now really starting to unwind, helped by a large glass of vino soaking up the sun on the patio.

The villa itself is massive - 3 bedrooms and we have a sauna too. Well, if anything it'll be somewhere to dry the towels!

Tonight we're off to the Family Quiz Night at the Sports Cafe. We have our family honour to defend, as we came second when we played it at Longleat - £25 in Center Parcs vouchers came in very handy.

Yesterday seems like a world away, and now we can kick back and really enjoy the start of our holiday.

I'll report back later as to how we did at the quiz - unless the wine gets the better of me, or that we failed miserably haha!

We failed, not necessarily miserably. A mid-table finish.

Some of the rounds were just pure guesswork (including a horse race - which when I last looked didn't constitute a quiz round) but fun all the same

Here's Mrs Blusteryday taking home our bottle of vino 😂😂 Everyone's a winner, I guess!

It's chilly here tonight, but we've had a great first day. Goodnight one and all!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by blusteryday - 12 Aug 19 9:06 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Love centre Parcs seeing all the wildlife. Its cold here in orpington tonight which u will find out soon!
Minniefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minniefan View Post
Love centre Parcs seeing all the wildlife. Its cold here in orpington tonight which u will find out soon!
Haha thanks Minniefan - we've packed clothes for nearly all eventualities. We left the snow shoes behind though!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Love Centre Parcs. We’re like you, only been to Longleat before. Wine and a family quiz night - who cares you didn’t win 🍾

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Never done Centre Parks albeit my Son loves going. Some very tame 'wildlife' Scrounging food I suspect.
Nice to see the wine ready to be opened.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Never done Centre Parks albeit my Son loves going. Some very tame 'wildlife' Scrounging food I suspect.
Nice to see the wine ready to be opened.
Haha - not sure of the scrounging was the wildlife or our kids

Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ah, glad the windscreen is patched & holiday can commence! Only been to CP once (Longleat) but absolutely loved it. Your description of the family raft takes me back! And the rapids - Just a word of warning- if your kids try to persuade you to go down the rapids slide head first, don’t take them up on it like I did. Whacked my face on the bottom of the slide & surfaced with a nose-bleed!
Glad your accommodation is lovely & your enjoying the peaceful surroundings.
Oh, and well done winning the vino! 🥂
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List