Notices

Old 14 Aug 19, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From Pacific to Atlantic - August 2019: Day 2 (IoA, Citywalk)

We slept in until 7am this morning - it hasn't taken us long to get on to American time, we all needed the sleep after the long day travelling.

DH, DS and me went up to the club lounge for breakfast, DD stayed in the room and had her leftover brownie from last night - waste not want not!

We all got ready (DS took forever to put his sun cream on) and took the boat to Citywalk then headed for Islands of Adventure - arriving at about 9am. We had decided to do all of the water rides this morning so had tried to wear lighter clothes that would dry off more quickly.

We stopped to get a photo done, we need to get good value out of the Universal photo pass!

We started our day with Spider-Man. This is absolutely my favourite ride and I always enjoy it. When DH and I first came to Florida in 1999 Islands of Adventure had just opened and we were blown away by this ride. I think it shows what a genius ride this is that we are on it 20 years later and it is still brilliant!

Next we decided to head round to Jurassic River Adventure. We thought this would be a good one to start with as we would only get a little bit wet. We didn't figure on being put on the front row and getting totally soaked!

Dripping wet, we squelched over to Dudley Do-rights Ripsaw Falls. This was really good fun too and we were wet from head to toe now so we continued on to the Bilge Rat barges and rode that - three times in a row! Our favourite thing is when dry people or people wearing ponchos get on the ride with us - it is so funny to watch them getting completely soaked!

Once we looked like we had all been swimming with our clothes on we decided it was time for lunch. We found some seats outside in the sun in Toon Lagoon and went inside to get food. We were freezing in the restaurant in our soaking wet clothes with the Arctic air conditioning. There was quite a good selection in the restaurant and we all had something different - DH had fish and chips, DS had a grilled chicken sandwich, DD had a cheeseburger and I had beef and broccoli.

Waiting for the boat.

On the boat.

Nearly back at the hotel!

When we got back we chilled in the room for a while - the boys watched the latest American history documentary, this time on Davy Crockett (if you are of a certain age you will now be singing - King of the Wild Frontier!).

DD and I went down to the pool and had a swim for an hour and a half. The weather was warm but not too hot so it was just perfect for swimming. We played with a beachball for a while and then lazed in the water listening to the music and watching one of the lifeguards who kept pacing backwards and forwards nodding her head - very odd.

We went back up to the room and got dressed then headed up to the club lounge where we had Mexican food (and I may have had a couple of glasses of rose!). DD was really pleased that one of the other families in the lounge were admiring her Six T-shirt (another musical fan who knows all of the words).

We got the boat down to Citywalk and headed straight for Voodoo Donut.

The magic is in the hole!

Good things come in pink boxes apparently!

Voodoo donut

The donuts were delicious - we sat near the boat dock to eat them and then hopped back on the boat back to the resort.

We had a short wander round the hotel shops and DD bought a Hufflepuff lanyard, then went up to the lounge for a final drink before bed (a cup of tea).

Steps today a more sensible 16,138.

sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:09 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by sarmori - 14 Aug 19 3:09 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Another lovely day. I noticed the lifeguards at Disney nodding their heads - they are counting people I think. The donuts look divine.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Lovely day

Joan
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A great day. You are braver than me doing rip-saw falls! Love that you went on 3 times in a row!
Those Voodoo donuts look divine!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Janette - the donuts were delicious, I had the orange creamsicle one and I think I chose well!
sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Michyloulou - I'm not sure the people in the stand by queue were so happy with us doing the ride three times in a row!