Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
My Magic Holiday
Unread 15 Aug 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Helping Donald

sarmori's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From Pacific to Atlantic - August 2019: Day 3 (Volcano Bay)

Today we had decided to go to Volcano Bay. I was awake at 5am but left it until about 6.15am to wake the others. This is when it gets stressful - I am always keen to get up and out ASAP so that we can beat the crowds and the sun but not all members of the family move quite so quickly. We popped up to the lounge to grab some food and then back to the room to get our stuff. We were at the shuttle bus stop by 7.20am and were queuing up at VB entrance by 7.45am and they started letting us in not long after we arrived. I can never remember the name of all the slides but we went on loads of them over the first two hours. The only one we had to TapuTapu for was the Krakatau aqua coaster and that was 10 mins. DH and the kids had a load of fun laughing at me screaming. On one of the raft slides I shot off the raft at the bottom and DH and the raft went over the top of me!
We also spent some time in the crazy river and the lazy river.

TapuTapu

We came out of the park at about 11.30, just as it was starting to tip it down with rain, and got the bus back to the hotel. We popped up to the lounge for a hot drink and some snacks then chilled out in our room for a while.

Cameron and I had a very healthy PB&J Jamwich!

We wanted to get some food and were thinking about either getting an Uber to Teak Neighborhood Grill or the water taxi to Citywalk but it was bucketing it down with rain and it was thundering so the water taxi wasn't running and we couldn't be bothered leaving the hotel. We went to Jakes American Bar instead. (picture above of DS looking evil drinking from his Jakes glass!). DH and I had burgers, DS had chicken grill burger and DD had the most delicious looking grilled cheese sandwich from the children's menu. I forgot to take photos before we started eating because we were hungry so you won't be able to see how delicious it looked! The food was all really good, and we decided to have dessert but had learned from the Toothsome experience and so we asked how big the desserts were and whether we should share them - so DH and I had one between us. They were also delicious - DH and I had churro bread pudding with Dulce de Leche ice cream, and the kids both had Oreo cream pie mason jar.

DH with a tiny cute bottle of tomato sauce.

Churro bread pudding

Oreo cream pie mason jar.

Drinks in the lounge.

Steps today only 13,303.

sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 15 Aug 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A good day

Joan
Unread 16 Aug 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

A great day at VB! Gutted that we never got to go there on our holiday as the day wed planned to go there were weather warnings for rain & lightning most of the day. ☹️ It looks & sounds fantastic though! Ill plan it in next time, lol!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take me back, pleeeeeaaase!
Unread 17 Aug 19, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Helping Donald

sarmori's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mick / Joan - yes it was a good day despite the weather, we needed a bit of chill time anyway!

Michyloulou - the weather is so unpredictable, we were very lucky as it started raining literally as we reached the bus stop at VB. I would recommend getting up early and taking advantage of the early opening if you are staying on site at Universal - we had most of the big rides done before the park was open to everyone else.
sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by sarmori - 18 Aug 19 5:41 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Ocean Florida