Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile Home today, highs, travel ups and downs and devastating low

Back home today after 2 weeks of an emotional roller coaster holiday.

Our major Low

At the end of the 1st week we went to Blizzard Beach for opening, just popped our towels on a bed when my phone rang. It was my Auntie to say she couldn't get hold of my dad. I tried ringing, would have been about 3 back home, no answer. I rang my eldest brother, no answer. Rang my niece to go round to check, long story short, police had to break in and he was found in his bed in his forever sleep 😢 He had passed from heart failure during the night, he was 82 ❤

Because this holiday was in memory of my beloved hubby who passed 2 years ago all family and friends told us to stay and carry on, which we did. We continued to make more new memories and make Richard and Dad proud.

So our Highs 😁

Diagon Alley

Getting to see Diagon Alley with the kids for the 1st time. Wow, the themeing is out of this world.

Gringotts

Rode this a few times, it was so good. I am not a huge ride fan but this was so good. Loved riding the front row 😁

Hagrids ride

I didn't do this but DS and DD did and they came off having loved it. They went at 8 and waited with the crowds for opening and got on within 2 hours.

Flights of passage

Only got 1 fast pass for this and never saw the lines under 3 hours and would loved to have gone on again. Enjoyed it so much

1st time on Disney

We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter with river view and it was beautiful. Loved it, no problems with buses, food court was good but we used the boats to Disney Springs and ate their a lot

Polite Pig

Our favourite meal on Disney Springs quick service plan, the meat was beautifully seasoned and cooked.

Happily Ever After Dessert Party

Did this for my sons 21st and was worth the money as it rained so hard up until 20 minutes before it started so we had shelter and lovely puddings while we waited 😋

We really had nothing bad to say about the parks, food, transportation or hotels. We have always gone in August so can cope with crowds and heat.

Travel ups and downs

Indirect through Atlanta, although we took off late from Manchester going we made up time and no problems going through Atlanta and made it onto the Orlando flight with about 15 mins to spare. We had 2 hour layover

Coming home, again I booked a 2 hour layover.
Got on the plane yesterday as a storm was coming in, Delta boarded us quickly in order to miss the storm. 2.30 pm
As we got near the runway all flights out where stopped.
We sat and waited and eventually sent back to gate, told looking like 6pm before we could take off again, Atlanta to Manchester flight was 6pm 😮

Went to Delta phones, they booked me on direct 7pm flight but then said couldn't ticket it because my bags where on Atlanta flight. Went back to gate, told go back to phones and get through to baggage. Passed around as no one could help, my son came over and said reboarding Atlanta flight to take off at 5 so regarded. Luckily for us Manchester flight was badly delayed due to problems with Atlanta weather and getting a gate. So we made that and took off at 8 pm 😓

Had a stressful day today with A level results and a problem with results not getting to DDs 1st choice uni, so she is still waiting for a place 😥
Meeting with my brothers tomorrow to sort out funeral so we have come back down with a thud

Overall loved Disney and Universal but won't be going back for many years. There are lots of other places we want to visit. Would love to visit coastal Florida for a relaxing holiday.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Oh no Jenny, I'm so sorry about your Dad xx

It must of been hard to carry on with your trip {{hugs}}
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to hear your sad news, glad you made the most of your holiday, hope everything goes well with the uni place
Stay strong xxx
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry about your dad- I’m glad you could carry on with your holiday even though it must have been very difficult x
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I am so sorry to hear the dreadful news about your Dad. It must have been so hard to continue the holiday but I do believe you made the right decision.
I say this having done it myself.
Best wishes to you for the future.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
travelbug0456
Getting Excited

So sorry to hear your news. Sending hugs your way.x
travelbug0456 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

I'm so very sorry to hear of your dads passing,must be very difficult to carry on when you are so far away,but sounds like the right decision to stay.look after yourself
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It made me cry reading your news, my dad is 82 next week and we have a Disney trip next August, dread leaving him. Mum no longer with us. You did make the right decision staying as there wouldn’t have been anything you could do, am sure he would have wanted you to stay. So sorry for your loss.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I’m so sorry, what a terrible shock for you all.😢

I imagine your Dad would have wanted you to go even if you’d known he was ill.

Best wishes for the especially difficult next few weeks with funeral and aftermath. take care of yourselves. Xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Devastating news to receive on holiday. I agree with Mr T, you were right to carry on.

My sincere condolences to you and the family.

Disney332