Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Airline Sales... when do they happen?

Does anyone know when the likes of

Virgin
British Airways
United
Delta
American Airlines

Or anyone else have their main Sales.

I saw a flight to NYC and home from Miami on 25th July 2020 for 2 weeks on BA to Nyc and Iberia via Madrid to London from Miami for £558 pp which seems good for summer school hols
Do you think if I wait i May find better flights as I want to fly into NYC and Home from Miami in summer school hols in 2020

Thankd

Edited at 09:49 AM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Unfortunately the sales are usually unannounced and just appear with no pre-announcement, people will expect sales at certain times of the year based on past sales but there's no certain dates.
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Unfortunately the sales are usually unannounced and just appear with no pre-announcement, people will expect sales at certain times of the year based on past sales but there's no certain dates.
ok its just a matter of checking on a regular basis
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

There's usually sales from around September. I'm just checking everyday just in case there's any movement in the flights for next May that we want.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

In my experience, Virgin never reduces all its fares during sales - only a few of them. The detailed announcement on its web site always has caveats in smaller print saying they are only offering reduced fares for specified dates on specified routes. Even then it is only for a limited number of seats on each aircraft, and when they are sold the usual fare applies. Basically, they are trying to boost sales on less popular flights where sales are below expectation - often off-peak.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
ok its just a matter of checking on a regular basis
Pretty much i'm afraid, usually you'll get a thread on here as soon as someone spots one or even prices dropping.

Would also suggest looking to see if there's a thread for the time of year you're wanting to go (there's one for next June/July&August) as everyone in these helps keep each other in the loop

Edited at 02:07 PM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Unless it is me but when the flights sales are on I find its more expensive not sure why but last year the flights we wanted were £150 each more, booked about 1 month after the sale and got a good price. So I am not sure if they it is a sale or not I just keep checking until I get a price I am happy with.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List