Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 16 Aug 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dyer
Serious Dibber

Saratoga Springs Resort

We arrived at Saratoga Springs resort yesterday. Weve previously loved and stayed at OKW and stayed near turtle pond road both times.

Weve been put in The Carousel which feels like the back of beyond, we had to make the sofa bed up (no bedd on it) when we arrived and this morning weve realised we have no toaster. My question is am I being unreasonable if I have a moan? Not about where we are because I realise someone has to be here but re the bed and toaster?
Dyer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3 weeks of fun
Unread 16 Aug 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have never been to a hotel where the sofa bed has been made up, as not everyone will want / need to use it. I don't think that is cause for complaint. You should have a toaster, but can you not just ring and ask for one to be sent over, it doesn't need a moan does it?
Unread 16 Aug 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

They dont make the bed up for you xx Grandstand us great, can you request to move?
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.Return visit
Unread 16 Aug 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dyer
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have never been to a hotel where the sofa bed has been made up, as not everyone will want / need to use it. I don't think that is cause for complaint. You should have a toaster, but can you not just ring and ask for one to be sent over, it doesn't need a moan does it?
This is why I asked the question, although with four people in the room, surely its a given that the sofa bed will be used. I will speak to reception about the toaster on our return from Epcot today. I think Ive been spoilt by OKW and the room/balcony size. Yesterday felt like such a disappointment walking into the room.
Dyer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3 weeks of fun
Unread 16 Aug 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As a family of three, we often use accommodation which has a sofa or pull-out bed. I cant think of an occasion where this has ever been made up ready for us. When housekeeping come in to make up the room ready for new guests, it wont have even been assigned to you yet.
I dont think thats cause for complaint.

Your room should come equipped with a toaster. Id make a call from the in room phone to request one - or just pop by the reception desk. Im sure theyll get it sorted for you.

The Carousel would definitely be my least preferred option - you could always ask if theres another room available for you? Grandstand is a lovely area. I know theres quite a bit blocked out for refurb at the moment, but if you dont ask you dont get. No harm in trying.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Welcome home! ...
Unread 18 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
slightly serious Dibber

We have stayed at Saratoga many times and own there now. I wouldnt stay put. Tell them how disappointed you are. They will do their best to find you something better. Carousel is a definite no for us. Let us know how you go on.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
return to Star Wars run
Unread 18 Aug 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We would always stay in the Carousel as long as they put a plunge pool there. Until they do it's a no.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 18 Aug 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Exactly my view too. All the areas are so beautiful but the lack of a pool means a definite no.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
return to Star Wars run
ResalesDVC