Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
I'm beginning to think that to get on this ride you need to hover around it on a permanent basis or pay for a VIP pass!
I would queue at rope drop if I knew I'd be riding it but to queue for a couple of hours to be told come back later as ride not operational I think is a waste of time when you could be doing other things!
Does anyone know if Universal have made any mention about the virtual queue for this ride yet?
I asked one of the ride attendants when we got held up on Thursday. She said it would be quite a long time before they introduce it as it’s just too busy. She said it would probably be at least a year before it would be added to Express. Then said “don’t quote me it’s just what we think”...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydoo-4
Helping Minnie

We started queueing today at 11.05am and it took just over 3 hours to finally get on the ride. Oh boy was it worth the wait, it is amazing. 😊
scoobydoo-4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

We queued this evening from around 17:45. The line tines had just dropped from 210 to 150 mins. Actually was on the ride in 90mins. The worst part of the queue is the egg room which is hot and stuffy.

The ride though...OMG!

If you like speed you HAVE to do this ride it is honestly the best ride we have ever done and we will queue and do it again before we leave at least one more time if not more. I usually feel quite awkward when everyone (usually staff members) are clapping at the end of a ride. We were all clapping before even getting to the exit bay, even us who are normally so reserved. It may break down a lot but my god what a feat of engineering, bravo Universal!
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ricky
a Friend of the DIBB

We have 2 days we can go to US and IOA on our trip - Friday 6th Sep and Sunday 8th Sep. I presume it would be better to do IOA on the Friday, being midweek, with a view that the queues will be slightly shorter for this ride on a Friday than a Sunday?
ricky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Last year we went on a Sunday, yesterday was much busier in the parks than last year. We are planning on being there this Sunday as well as popping in and out for the next few days. I shall report back as to what the lines are like.

Edited at 01:28 PM.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ricky
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
Last year we went on a Sunday, yesterday was much busier in the parks than last year. We are planning on being there this Sunday as well as popping in and out for the next few days. I shall report back as to what the lines are like.
Thank you and yes please report back!
I'm hoping that the park(s) ease off slightly in the next week or 2 as UK schools go back. We normally try to go in September for that reason, but we've not been quite this early in September before
ricky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Thumbs up

We have had success today. I’m not sure if we dropped lucky or the queues are starting to ease off but we got in the queue at 15:55 when it said it was 150 mins. It actually took 55 minutes. The ride is incredible. Hands down the best ride I have ever been on. Oh and we managed to get at the front of the ride and I was on the motorcycle. I’d queue again for it even if we didn’t drop lucky like we did today.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the universe was smiling on us today, we went past Hagrids this morning and the queue time was 225 mins so we didn't ride however we went past this afternoon at 3.15pm and the queue was showing 90 mins so we decided to go for it. To our amazement we were only queuing for 35 minutes and finished by 3.55pm, we also got the front two rows. It really is an amazing ride!
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by ricky View Post
We have 2 days we can go to US and IOA on our trip - Friday 6th Sep and Sunday 8th Sep. I presume it would be better to do IOA on the Friday, being midweek, with a view that the queues will be slightly shorter for this ride on a Friday than a Sunday?
Sunday is actually meant to be the best day to visit Universal crowds wise 👍🏻
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
windsorwives
I want to go now!

Mobile

Is anyone at IoA today? We are at US and had planned to come over to IoA but Hogwarts express has been down all morning. The app shows that Hagrids is down because of the weather (there was a storm a couple of hours ago but been clear for a while now). Just wondering how up to date the app actually is and of Hagrids is running even though app shows that it is shut. Thank you
windsorwives is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List