Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Where else do you holiday when not in Florida?

I thought I would you all for help and advice on where else to go. Florida is an expensive holiday and I cannot do it every year. I am also getting to the point where I feel like change. We are restricted to July and August and hence would rule out anywhere where this is monsoon.
Europe does not appeal much to me. We did go to Dubai last year, which was baking hot. It was really relaxing and I would like to go somewhere relaxing again. I have considered a cruise but prices are crazy in the summer. I still love Florida and would like it every other year but need ideas?
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

We went to Cape Verde in 2016. Very warm and very relaxing. In fact if anything too relaxing. There's nothing there! Great if you just want a quiet place with sun, beach and pool. The sea was too rough where we stayed - red flags every day.

Next year we are going back to Mexico. Just hoping the weather is kind to us.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

If you don't want to do Europe, want to avoid anywhere with monsoons or mega heat or cold weather and are restricted to July & August, that rules out most of the continents of Europe, Africa, Asia & Australia!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Next on the list will be our honeymoon - hoping for an Alaskan Cruise and Hawaii!

We love the idea of cruising more - I just need to find a way to cope with travel sickness as I missed most of our 3 night cruise in 2016.

Mexico is on our list, as is NZ, West coast America, Canada... I need to win the lottery...
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Currently in the South of France - Villefranche- glorious weather, shorter travel time and lots to see/do. Lovely rental apartment on the bay. Two week break cost us £1500 for the apartment and £300 for the Club Europeflights. We’ve been to Antibes, Monte Carlo, Eze, Vintimillia, Cannes, Juan Les Pins - all by train! We come here every other year. Less rain then Fl too.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Just got back from Mexico, love it there.

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave+Hel
slightly serious Dibber

Dave+Hel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

It does narrow it down when you rule out an entire continent. Europe has some amazing destinations, what is it exactly that you don't like about it?
Dave+Hel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

What is it about Europe that doesn’t appeal ? There are so many lovely places in Europe where you can relax , it seems a shame to discount them all.

Edited at 06:40 PM.
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

the whole of europe ?

really...

cant get much more relaxing than a apartment/villa in spain... away from the busy resorts

this year flights & apartment cost less than we spent on park tickets alone last year...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I wouldn’t rule out the whole of Europe, a lot of the countries are vastly different from each other. I did 4 nights in Berlin in December 2016 and it was amazing, one of the best holidays I’ve had.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List