Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Ladies help please...Moaning about the menopause again.

Please can you help. My hot flushes are getting worse and worse. I know this weather is not helping but I am really struggling. I am dripping wet nearly all the time, I have just had a shower and 2 minutes later... I am soaked. I have the fans going 24 hours a day, absolute no energy. I am trying to lose some weight but after 10 minutes my hair looks like I have been in the shower.

Can anyone recommend any products or natural remedies that could help me. My Oncologist said take Evening Primrose Oil, which I am doing but doesn't seem to do anything.

Any help gratefully appreciated. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Are you taking meds as a follow-on to your cancer ? A woman I worked with blamed her meds for her violent hot flushes and her doctor didn’t disagree (he didn’t outright agree, but he wouldn’t would he).

There is a theory that soya menopause products are effective. This is based on the fact that Japanese women don’t suffer meno symptoms and it’s put down to the amount of soya they eat. I was told that there’s no word for menopause in the Japanese language.

Holland & Barrett have a good range of plant & essential oil based remedies but please be careful to check they are compatible with treatments you’ve had/taking now.

Edited at 08:33 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I have 2 friends that swear by the ladycare menopause magnet, I tried one and it didn't work for me but they feel great when wearing it. I am just trying to get through it naturally at the moment as I am so many drugs for other health issues 😢
The magnets are around £30 but if it works for you it can be money well spent. Good luck
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I don't get menopause symptoms even though I'm taking tamoxifen for breast cancer. One of my nurses did say that a lot of people swear by flaxseed, I don't know if it helps but I put it on my cereal each morning.

I hope that you find something that helps.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaaddict
Getting Excited

Nicksgirl - you have my total sympathy, mine have now settled to about 1-2 a day, and 1 at night.
After my chemo and chemical
Menopause (over 4 years ago) they were awful. And I take an estrogen suppressor so I’m always in menopause.
A few of the ladies I’ve met since having Breast Cancer also take a low dose of Venlafaxine and swear by it.
I rarely drink coffee now, and I know that red wine makes them 10 times worse (but I refuse to give it up &#129315

Edited at 08:39 PM.
floridaaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Another thought. My brother’s girlfriend is having a tough menopause, sweats and especially low moods. She’s had 4 acupuncture treatments so far and her sweats have improved a little but she feels mentally much better and able to cope with them.

When my depression was at its worst, reflexology was a life saver. It wasn’t for menopause but it was effective in helping me relax. Make sure it’s done by a trained & qualified practitioner though. Therapists in beauty salons tend to offer reflexology which is actually just a foot massage.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I have 2 friends that swear by the ladycare menopause magnet, I tried one and it didn't work for me but they feel great when wearing it. I am just trying to get through it naturally at the moment as I am so many drugs for other health issues 😢
The magnets are around £30 but if it works for you it can be money well spent. Good luck
Yes, the receptionist in our vets used one and found it helped.
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Are you taking meds as a follow-on to your cancer ? A woman I worked with blamed her meds for her violent hot flushes and her doctor didn’t disagree (he didn’t outright agree, but he wouldn’t would he).

There is a theory that soya menopause products are effective. This is based on the fact that Japanese women don’t suffer meno symptoms and it’s put down to the amount of soya they eat. I was told that there’s no word for menopause in the Japanese language.

Holland & Barrett have a good range of plant & essential oil based remedies but please be careful to check they are compatible with treatments you’ve had/taking now.
No I am not on any tablets. I read the Soya info and at the mo looking at some tablets on the Holland & Barrett site.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I have 2 friends that swear by the ladycare menopause magnet, I tried one and it didn't work for me but they feel great when wearing it. I am justoo trying to get through it naturally at the moment as I am so many drugs for other health issues 😢
I was looking at that. Thank you. x

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
I don't get menopause symptoms even though I'm taking tamoxifen for breast cancer. One of my nurses did say that a lot of people swear by flaxseed, I don't know if it helps but I put it on my cereal each morning.

I hope that you find something that helps.
I read the Flaxseed info, anything that can help I am desperate to try. Thank you everyone. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridaaddict View Post
Nicksgirl - you have my total sympathy, mine have now settled to about 1-2 a day, and 1 at night.
After my chemo and chemical
Menopause (over 4 years ago) they were awful. And I take an estrogen suppressor so I’m always in menopause.
A few of the ladies I’ve met since having Breast Cancer also take a low dose of Venlafaxine and swear by it.
I rarely drink coffee now, and I know that red wine makes them 10 times worse (but I refuse to give it up &#129315
Isn't it the pits. I was watching Kathy Burke the other night talking about it and totally agreed when she said the Menopause is an absolute basket... but a ruder word.

I am trying to give up the wine for a little while to see if that helps. It doesn't help when 3 dogs are always on top of you for cuddles either...….
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Please can you help. My hot flushes are getting worse and worse. I know this weather is not helping but I am really struggling. I am dripping wet nearly all the time, I have just had a shower and 2 minutes later... I am soaked. I have the fans going 24 hours a day, absolute no energy. I am trying to lose some weight but after 10 minutes my hair looks like I have been in the shower.

Can anyone recommend any products or natural remedies that could help me. My Oncologist said take Evening Primrose Oil, which I am doing but doesn't seem to do anything.

Any help gratefully appreciated. xx

I've been going through the menopause for almost 7 years it's absolutely awful.
My GP at the time (female) just told me to get on with it.
I've tried the magnet but it didn't work for me.
I also tried a product from Wellsprings Serenity which did work for a few months but they changed it and it didn't work for me after that.

I'm just resigned to having to put up with it now and hope it doesn't go on for too much longer.

Really hope you can find something that helps