Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
That wont wash I'm afraid, the hotel will take the position that by not reporting pre-existing damage during the stay it simply wasnt there to start with
The hotel could take that position but it isn’t conclusive proof the damage wasn’t there - it’s an assumption, nothing more. I am not aware of a contractual obligation on a hotel guest to inform the hotel management of any/all defects in a room - be it a cracked remote, carpet stain, mattress stain, worn/torn furnishings, chipped sink or surface, etc.
Like the OP, I would want solid evidence that the tv was in perfect condition.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That’s not good and I have no idea how you can prove it wasn’t caused by you. I would be so annoyed!

I hope you get it sorted

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
This article may be of interest too

washingtonpost/lifes...0a8_story.html
Could someone perhaps outline the gist of the article for me please? It won't let me see it.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

I've attached a PDF version for easier reading (hopefully).

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
That’s not good and I have no idea how you can prove it wasn’t caused by you. I would be so annoyed!

I hope you get it sorted
You’d like to think it’s up to the hotel to prove it was caused by whoever they are accusing... I’d be fuming too!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
I've attached a PDF version for easier reading (hopefully).
Thank you!

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Are you a solicitor Cad ?
Whilst morally i agree , most hotel bookings come with T&Cs that say they can deduct from the provided CC for damage so whilst of course it must be challenged , the focus should be on ensuring the CC company doesn't take the disputed amount , as inevitably it'll be harder to get back once they have the money, regardless of the fact the onus is on them to prove who did the damage.
Horrible situation , always harder to prove you didn't do something than you did, and of course the hotel knows this

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
Given this is a civil matter the onus is on the hotel to prove that you did the damage.

First thing I would do is write/email to them formally advising that you do not give them authorisation to take any money until such time it can be proven it was you, any attempt to take the money will be treated as unauthorised, and they will be liable for any charges/fees involved. I would also contact the card company to advise them that you have not approved the transaction.

Secondly, I would ask the hotel for before and after photos and copies of their room inspection (to prove they in fact check the TV and room before and after each guest arrives and leaves) at this point I would suspect the hotel would deem it not worth their time.

Thirdly, I would raise a complaint with the head office in relation to how you have been treated and that it is unacceptable to accuse a guest without providing any evidence.

As I say the onus is on them to prove you did the damage not for you to disprove it at this point. They need to do the work and show you the evidence for accusing you.

Edited at 10:38 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Came across this post from a solicitor which may be of some help its written as advice to hotel and guest house managers :

lexology/library/det...b-99e5f9cc51c2

Hope you manage to get this resolved. Couple of thoughts check your travel insurance to see if this offers any cover for damage and also your home insurance I'm guessing that no insurance company would want to pay out on your behalf without proper proof of your liability.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List