Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jan 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

3rd Time Lucky? - November 2021

Well I’ve just gone and booked again for Tokyo! Hopefully by November things will have calmed down (fingers crossed).
I wasn’t going to book anything but thought hey ho, at least I’ve got something to look forward to now.

Booked with BA to fly Manchester to Tokyo via Helsinki On Saturday 13th November and fly home Tokyo to Manchester Via Heathrow on the 27th November (back in time to put the Christmas tree up.
Staying at the Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku in a twin room for me and my sister and my son is happy he’s got his own double economy room (he will be 20 when we go so didn’t want to share with us lol) The hotel looks fab from the piccies and it seems close to Shinjuku station which is a plus.

Back to planning yay! If anyone has stayed in this hotel or knows what’s around it any info is much appreciated.
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Fingers crossed for you that it goes ahead !

Looks a fab hotel and a nice central location - about a 40 mins walk to get to Shibuya for example, and the Meiji Shrine also between those 2 places.

What your plans? Still roughly as you described back in September

Mine for next year (hopefully!) 22nd May to 5th June
Flights with BA - Manchester to Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda
10 nights hotel in Ikebukuro
Only 1 day at Disneysea (so far)
Shinkansen 🚅 to Osaka then have 3 nights in a Universal Hotel either Hotel Keihan Universal City or Hotel Keihan Universal Tower
Flight home with BA Osaka KIX to Heathrow to Manchester

Flights cost £1200
Ikebukuro Hotel £650
Universal Hotel £180 or £270
Rough estimate on transport costs inc 1 way Shinkansen for 2 people £370
Tickets inc Disneysea, 2 day Universal and 1 day fast pass, Teamlab Borderless, Ghibli Museum, Joypolis (Odaiba) £700
Annual Travel ins inc COVID-19 cover £100

Total - £3290

Then food and spending money to add

Edited at 01:52 PM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

That's a lovely hotel; and one of my preferred when staying in Tokyo; its just so well located to Shinjuku Station

What kind of information are you looking for? I'm assuming your landing at Haneda International?
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We stayed in the Sunroute Plaza, Shinjuku in 2016. The hotel was really nice, and the staff there are lovely. When you walk out of the station, turn left, walk down the hill a few hundred yards, and the hotel is down a side road on your left hand side. There is a 7-11 and a KFC nearby, as well as proper Japanese restaurants. The rooms are tiny and a bit "budget", but are clean and comfortable. The hot drinks supplies in the room are a bit sparse, but you can always ask for more at reception.

Have a wonderful time! We did!
Old 14 Jan 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Thank you, we have just booked our trip too and the Sunroute Plaza will be our final hotel!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We have booked with Helen from Travel Counsellors (Cinders Mum on here). She has done some research and has put together an amazing trip - she has convinced us to change our itinerary and include Kyoto and Hakone as well as TDR and Tokyo.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

If you have spare time from Kyoto I recommend a side trip to Nara.

As well as being an historic capital of Japan you get free roaming deer you can feed rice cakes it in the park
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Kyoto alone made our family want to return to Japan, that is how much it struck us.

If you only have a couple of days in Kyoto then Nara is a must. We did a yukata hire straight from the statio, then a tea ceremony (at eena house) followed by a walk to the park and a walk back via kofuku ji temple. A really really good day.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List