Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 23 Apr 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
To disney we go
Excited about Disney

Phew ! Thanks WIGGYSMUM

kk20 and Bondy007 thank you both for sharing your reveals.
This is something i need to think about. I’d like it to be really special for my girls
To disney we go is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello and welcome to the DIBB. What I love about the DIBB is no matter what and how many times people have been we always are learning more and tips.
So please ask as many questions as you feel you need, Yes we might have some different opinion but that gives you options and make the world go around.

I have been going to Disney/Orlando for over 30 years and still use the DIBB and its wonderful members for info and advice, It really is a wonderful community.

My Children are grown now and we are now on the Grandchildren stage, My Daughters done a reveal the first time we took the Grandchildren and it was wonderful.
But the next time we went we decided to involve the children, showed them the resort, we watched you tube videos of the rides and water parks, We looked at thousands of photos of food blogs on all the yummy snacks, We had the Dining plan and all chose the restaurants together and I must say the build up and having them involved I felt as well as the Grandchildren all thought it better, Looking at your Children's ages maybe they would really enjoy watching the you tube videos of the rides, help being involved in the planning, So maybe do a reveal but maybe about 9 months ahead of travel, That way if you do stay on site with the dining plan ( if available) you have a couple of months to all decide where you want to eat before your 180 reservations open up. ( Disney restaurants get filled very quick and some need to be booked on the 180 day mark.

I also think it works out more expensive trying to sort a Disney/Universal split stay with a TA when I have tried to do it this way I have found it quite expensive. But would be worth chatting to a TA to see how easy it is to do, Things may of changed since I looked.

If your not driving and as it is your first time I would look at staying on Disney/Universal for ease and to really get the Max out of your visit.
If you do decide to do a DIY booking lots of us one the DIBB have done it this way and it is very easy and would be happy to offer any advice you may want.

Enjoy your planning and once again welcome here is a little magic to get you on your way,
Old 30 Apr 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Welcome to the Dibb @to disney we go

Firstly don't worry about getting overwhelmed, you will find someone on here day and night to help or point you in the right direction the search box at the top of the page
can also help.

You don't have to do everything and get worn out!
Rest days are a must and you will be surprised how big , spread out and tiring it can get.
Whilst we don't really do Disney now we have done plenty of times in the past and this fuelled our love of the USA

This site has helped me tenfold and even if we aren't planning to visit Orlando I love reading other people's trip reports and plans.

My advice would be to get a load of quotes and ask on here what you think would be best before you commit .

Remember that some TA's may want to advise you on all the bells and whistles, they are a business after all and if they tell you that if you don't book straight away the offer will go , then so be it you can keep going and keep a poker face with your budget!

Write down everything you want to do and the dates and go from there.

I am a big love of BA fly drives ,you don't have to have a car, you can book one night in a hotel to get the package option and you can just pay a deposit.

BA have been outstanding in providing refunds in either vouchers, cash or moving holidays during this pandemic and that says a lot.

Personally I would go direct with the airline but if you feel more confident with a TA go for it .

Always remember there is never a silly question, all of us were first timers once
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List