Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Ah I see thank you! We haven’t had it a year yet doubt we will hit the target tho. Well unless we get to Florida in august!
Isaacsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Memories4You View Post
I have a reward voucher and an upgrade voucher valid up until 4th november 2022 and i asked if that was to book by or to take the trip by and he said they need to be flown by that date!
im a bit confused now.
Just gone through the terms on the credit card page and found this:

"You can spend your reward for up to 24 months from the date it’s issued. That means you have to have booked your flights and taken the outbound flight within those 24 months. You can take the return journey afterwards."

So it looks like you have to have taken your outbound flight before the use by date
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

They should extend them given that there have been no flights for a year but seeing as it's Virgin and their behaviour throughout the pandemic has been awful I doubt they will.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

of course it depends on how much you spend but my strategy is to take the paid card (which comes with a 15000 points signup bonus - has been as high as 25000) spend £14k in a year and then send it back having gained 36k and a voucher Add on a few more points from Tesco etc and you can get a uc return to MCO for £670 as opposed to £2790 Nearly £2000 saving

you can re-apply 6 months later
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bdl1994
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
They should extend them given that there have been no flights for a year but seeing as it's Virgin and their behaviour throughout the pandemic has been awful I doubt they will.
In fairness they have already extended them twice - for an initial 12 months and then another 3 months. In my chat with VS yesterday the agent didn’t rule out them being extended again, but this is likely to only be if there’s any further delays in the restart of international travel.
bdl1994 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bdl1994 View Post
In fairness they have already extended them twice - for an initial 12 months and then another 3 months. In my chat with VS yesterday the agent didn’t rule out them being extended again, but this is likely to only be if there’s any further delays in the restart of international travel.
I was told that an extra 3 months extension would be seen as an exception and on an individual basis and that there was no policy to extend the vouchers when I asked. I have had a very poor customer service experience with VA over the pandemic. I was overcharged by around £500 and it took 9 months to get that refunded. Getting through to them was a nightmare. They booked the wrong flights for my sister when she gave them the exact flight details so she had to go through the rebooking process again.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bdl1994 View Post
I spoke with Virgin Atlantic yesterday, and to confirm: you have to have booked and travelled at least the outward leg of your journey by the voucher expiry date. If you’ve booked a return ticket, the return journey can be after the expiry date.
This is really interesting as I spoke to them on wattsapp and was told it needed to be booked by. So much mixed info isn't there.
Old 30 Apr 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

This is the email they sent me when I queried it...

“The expiry date on these vouchers are 19th February 2022, 26th September 2022 and 13th July 2023. Please note these need to be used by this date not travelled by”
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Seems none of their agents know, confusion all around. I'm going to play it safe and travel before the date as I'd hate to lose them, I've got over a year so hopefully I will manage .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bdl1994
Earning More Ears

Thought I’d check in the Flying Club T&Cs to see if we can get a definitive answer. This is what it says:

You can spend your reward for up to 24 months from the date it’s issued. That means you have to have booked your flights and taken the outbound flight within those 24 months. You can take the return journey afterwards.

(virginatlantic/gb/en...edit-card.html)

I wonder if, for those people who they’ve told they just need to book and not yet travel, whether it would be honoured or not?
bdl1994 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List