Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 May 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
trac1
Earning More Ears

im new on the dibb , ive been to florida 20 times its the only reason i go to work! i just love it ( like everyone on here i see ) we were supposed to be going next wednesday but obviously thats been cancelled we changed it to october but virgin have changed our flight from glasgow to manchester . im so hopeful that we get to go , and everyone here too ,i can feel the positivity and am loving it . keeping fingers crossed it happens and they lift the travel ban in the usa .. x
trac1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by trac1 View Post
im new on the dibb , ive been to florida 20 times its the only reason i go to work! i just love it ( like everyone on here i see ) we were supposed to be going next wednesday but obviously thats been cancelled we changed it to october but virgin have changed our flight from glasgow to manchester . im so hopeful that we get to go , and everyone here too ,i can feel the positivity and am loving it . keeping fingers crossed it happens and they lift the travel ban in the usa .. x
Welcome to the dibb!
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Welcome aboard. Fasten your seat belt. Turbulence expected for the next few months!
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Welcome . I have just plucked up courage and pushed the button on £1300 worth of Disney tickets for August / September in order to make park reservations asap so I guess you could say I'm feeling positive. However I also made sure they were fully cancellable just in case
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I have made all my park reservations now. I have booked a park for each day of my 14 day ticket. I don't think I will use them all but I will cancel if not so that the reservation space is free for others.
I'm looking at touring plans for park days next. It feels rather like a 'fantasy football' type concept. It may not ultimately be real but I've had the fun of the planning
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Welcome 😀.

Like you we were supposed to be going out on the 6th of May and have also had our Glasgow flight for September changed to Manchester.

There are several threads on here about travelling to Manchester, airport hotels and parking.

Have done it several times but the return drive can be a nightmare. Last time stayed at the Premier Inn on return felt much better.

Any questions just ask we are a friendly lot.
Old 3 May 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

We are booked a week after your good selves. What are your current feelings? I believe the US are leading the charge on vaccinations so I’m optimistic but in the back of my mind is this traffic light system. We are going for 3 weeks and if half way through they change to amber or red then this is going to hit us financially but how long do you kick the can down the road?
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
trac1
Earning More Ears

thank you . yes we have done manchester twice before but my parents who are in there late 70s will bewith us and its a long journey back . wonder why they changed the flights from glasgow ?
trac1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
trac1
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
We are booked a week after your good selves. What are your current feelings? I believe the US are leading the charge on vaccinations so I’m optimistic but in the back of my mind is this traffic light system. We are going for 3 weeks and if half way through they change to amber or red then this is going to hit us financially but how long do you kick the can down the road?
aw i know its a worry about while you are away and do we need to keepchecking the uk news incase they move the goal posts!
Old 3 May 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

thank you . yes we have done manchester twice before but my parents who are in there late 70s will bewith us and its a long journey back . wonder why they changed the flights from glasgow ?
Virgin cancelled their seasonal Belfast and Glasgow services because it just wasn't economical to run them due to CV I suspect. There were so few flights especially from Belfast that it was easier for them to stop the operation - which was not a great result for the people who booked from the two cities so that they didn't have to travel to another airport such as Manchester, Newcastle or via LHR.

I feel really sorry for all the people affected.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List