Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Apr 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Yay eventually got our refund into our bank this morning. It has taken ages and lots of emails but eventually we have it. It came via Fairfx and then omni. Disney refunded the Fairfx card back in October and Fairfx held onto the refund as we changed to a new card. Anyway eventually all sorted. Fingers crossed we can use the refund towards new tickets for our February trip 🤞
Fantastic news! I'm glad I got mine as a gift card as I had no end of issues with Credit Card (JAJA) as it had transferred from Post Office and claimed I hadn't been refunded my DCL money. If Disney had also put this into the account I would have flipped as would have had the same issues. Took 4 months to sort out and eventually go refunded properly! This things are a nightmare when they change cards on you.
Old 21 Apr 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Fantastic news! I'm glad I got mine as a gift card as I had no end of issues with Credit Card (JAJA) as it had transferred from Post Office and claimed I hadn't been refunded my DCL money. If Disney had also put this into the account I would have flipped as would have had the same issues. Took 4 months to sort out and eventually go refunded properly! This things are a nightmare when they change cards on you.
Absolutely. It’s not Disney’s fault as they refunded the money in good faith. Fairfx should have returned it to Disney. But then with the new Fairfx card the refund was stuck with their old provider Omni. Makes you wonder if we didn’t chase it up if we’d ever had got it. We were at the point of involving the financial ombudsman but resolved today. I’m sure we’ve lost out on the exchange rate etc but happy to have the refund at last 😁
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Absolutely. It’s not Disney’s fault as they refunded the money in good faith. Fairfx should have returned it to Disney. But then with the new Fairfx card the refund was stuck with their old provider Omni. Makes you wonder if we didn’t chase it up if we’d ever had got it. We were at the point of involving the financial ombudsman but resolved today. I’m sure we’ve lost out on the exchange rate etc but happy to have the refund at last 😁
So weirdly on my credit report I'm still showing a credit on Post Office credit card even though Jaja had sorted the issue by supposidly fixing this. I think if I hadn't been pushing nothing would have happened and I'd still be in the same situation
Old 23 Apr 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Had an email today to say the cheques are in the post.

Now I have to open bank account for each person to pay the cheques into
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

Anyone got any tips on how to get through this?

- I cancelled in June last year
- The AP would have had about 4 months left on it
- I telephoned every month from Aug-Jan but, given that no-one ever had any information or could do anything, just decided to give up and wait.
- Next month it will be ONE YEAR since I cancelled the pass
- I've never received an email, call or anything else from Disney
- My original payment method (which unfortunately was the Post Office Credit Card) has now expired

Any thoughts (other than wiating... ) gratefully received !

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ghints View Post

- I telephoned every month from Aug-Jan but, given that no-one ever had any information or could do anything, just decided to give up and wait.
- My original payment method (which unfortunately was the Post Office Credit Card) has now expired

It could be very similar to our situation where Disney refunded to a currency card that then expired. Might be worth a call to Disney to ask if they made the refund. They were able to tell us the amount and date ours was refunded to Fairfx. We then took up the refund with Fairfx and not Disney
Old 3 May 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Yes mine was more or less same. I ended up emailing and they sent one back with references. Still waiting for it to come by post but it’s furthest I got
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

Thanks for the replies

Ended up on the phone to Disney for c.2.5 hours, only for their AP desk to tell me that I had been elevated to their "priority list". They couldn't offer me a gift card and they would try and refund it to the credit card which I told them had expired and the account closed.

Funny, that's exactly what they said back in October, November, December... and January

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies

Ended up on the phone to Disney for c.2.5 hours, only for their AP desk to tell me that I had been elevated to their "priority list". They couldn't offer me a gift card and they would try and refund it to the credit card which I told them had expired and the account closed.

Funny, that's exactly what they said back in October, November, December... and January
They will have to send cheques. My credit card is still active but the expiry date had changed and they couldn’t refund it that way
Old 9 May 21, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

No refund yet...

My mobile rang yesterday from a number in London, I was just about to give them a mouthful as I've had loads of scam calls lately - glad I answered it as it was Disney AP Services.

Bought 2 new DVC Gold passes which we can activate anytime in the future (hopefully August).

Once step closer to going, got all our park reservations (for Aug/Sep/Nov and Dec) confirmed on the back of getting the tickets linked.

They did say Finance were still looking into the refund - I don't know what they are looking at - we cancelled in August 2020 and have the confirmation emails from back then!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List