Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

So I think if you can afford UC then go for it. Don’t worry about disturbing people in UC, they give out noise cancelling headphones 😁. Personally I would wait until 11 months out and see about prices. Virgin Holidays are a rip off! Currently VA are using the A330-300 to fly out of MAN (possibly the A330-200 but I’m sure I read somewhere they are being retired early) and they have plenty of UC seats, 2/3 of which will be in the window so I don’t think you’ll need to worry about availability.

For sky cot seats in E and PE you can’t book them, only request them and they are assigned at the last minute. With it being a child heavy route this would less certain.
Old 6 May 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
I definitely agree that UC will be way better than PE for you. PE isn't in the same league as far as Im concerned.

Personally I wouldn't give a monkeys about taking a baby in there, if the other passengers dont like it then tough. Ive been in UC with a noisy(ish) baby band guess what? Its a baby and babies make noise. No one should feel they cant fly UC because they have a baby with them. After all Ive seen plenty of grown ups in there that were way more annoying than a baby.

Personally I dont think its a good use of miles, have you tried chatting to the guys at FC? Ive always found them very helpful and they find a way of maximising your miles for you.

BTW - £2K PP return is a really good price for UC. My flight in November is currently showing prices in excess of £10K PP.
I think I will try speak with FC team... but I guess this would really have to be done at 11 months out when flights are released?
Old 6 May 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
So I think if you can afford UC then go for it. Don’t worry about disturbing people in UC, they give out noise cancelling headphones 😁. Personally I would wait until 11 months out and see about prices. Virgin Holidays are a rip off! Currently VA are using the A330-300 to fly out of MAN (possibly the A330-200 but I’m sure I read somewhere they are being retired early) and they have plenty of UC seats, 2/3 of which will be in the window so I don’t think you’ll need to worry about availability.

For sky cot seats in E and PE you can’t book them, only request them and they are assigned at the last minute. With it being a child heavy route this would less certain.
thank you... Yes, I see the new A350s coming in and hopefully in time for our holiday... formation seems better and with more capacity then hopefully better prices.

May hold my nerve and wait for 11 months
Old 6 May 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
I think I will try speak with FC team... but I guess this would really have to be done at 11 months out when flights are released?
You can have a chat with them anytime about your miles but you wouldn't be able to discuss a particular flight or book until 11 months.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

thank you... Yes, I see the new A350s coming in and hopefully in time for our holiday... formation seems better and with more capacity then hopefully better prices.

May hold my nerve and wait for 11 months
Virgin Atlantic have 7 A350-1000 aircraft, some of which are in storage but none of these have the configuaration to be used on the leisure routes. I hope the CV situation hasn't resulted in delays for these being delivered - it will be a bonus for everyone if/when these become operational.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am not surprised your wife isn’t keen to discuss, I know I really really struggled to understand what you were explaining or asking - a summary might be handy?

As far as I can tell though, you seen to be thinking of spending over £8k on three UC seats? Surely you can do far better than that, I would wait until May 2022 flights have been released and look again.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I disagree, UC will give you far more space to deal with the little one so that will definitely help you walk around / lay them down properly etc. It's not unusual to have babies in UC. If there are concerns then request the seats at the edge.

I wish we'd flown upper when my 2 were little, we didn't even consider it or price it up, just assuming it was out of reach, when I think back now to the years of squeezing babies and toddlers / car seats into economy seats or having them on my lap in the 3" of space we had, it fills me with dread!
Agree with this. My own children only travelled UC once when they were young and that was because we got a complimentary upgrade. However, my grandchildren have travelled UC at a variety of ages and it’s so much easier! Lots of space and a bed to nap on.

I also wish I’d explored it more when we were juggling little ones.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am not surprised your wife isn’t keen to discuss, I know I really really struggled to understand what you were explaining or asking - a summary might be handy?

As far as I can tell though, you seen to be thinking of spending over £8k on three UC seats? Surely you can do far better than that, I would wait until May 2022 flights have been released and look again.
That is basically it, yes. Although with DW being a teacher I also expect we will never be able to use the points in the best way possible. So is it worth just using the points to pay off and secure the flights ASAP.

Based on early 2022 prices I am not sure we will get much better than 8k for 3 seats :s
Old 6 May 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

That is basically it, yes. Although with DW being a teacher I also expect we will never be able to use the points in the best way possible. So is it worth just using the points to pay off and secure the flights ASAP.

Based on early 2022 prices I am not sure we will get much better than 8k for 3 seats :s
8K for 3 seats is absolute madness. Not going to sugar coat it! It's probably too early now to get an idea of 2022 prices but they could waterboard me while playing Peter Andre in a loop in the background and they wouldn't get 8K out of me for 3 UC seats!
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

no way would i want to pay £8K on 3 UC seats.

Have you considered economy delight - you get a little extra leg room and can have 4 in the middle on some flights or in pairs by a window.