Notices

Old 23 Jan 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

You have certainly given me some food for thought here. I've replied to each of your days in red. It is a bit tricky to know what to do as I must have felt fairly strongly after our last trip that 1 park per day would be better or I wouldn't have written it in my final thoughts. However now I come to planning, I just can't get past the idea the more visits to each park must be better! I love being able to see what bonus FPs I can pick up too. I had some really good luck with those last time.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Mon HS in am, then change to HEA at MK, you may get bonus FP here as there are so many attractions, or just go for fireworks. We would usually swap park too but I was thinking about the idea of doing the Fantasmic dining package at HBD for lunch (dinner times that are available always seem a bit early) so would obviously need to go back for the show. I was also hedging my bets a bit as DH is desperate to do ROTR and we have no idea whether it will still have boarding groups etc so just put the whole day aside!

Tue MK am and parade, then AK fireworks
I love AK and would really love to go earlier in the trip so may just add this in.

Wed Epcot am, then Fantasmic fireworks
This is a good idea, or we may put HEA here if we stick with Fantasmic on Monday.

Thu water park, AK afternoon and evening
I do like having a water park earlier in the trip but do also love a rope drop at AK as you can get so much done. Maybe switch the day around to AK rope drop and blizzard beach evening.
It is open until 8.00 for our first week and I here it gets quite quiet later on if there's an afternoon storm.

Fri Busch Gardens, Epcot fireworks
I was thinking that we should do a park this evening so we can use FP and there are lots of good food options in Epcot so I think I might go for this.

Sat MK am, HS evening Star Wars fireworks

Sun 4 parks, I saw what Elsa42 said, she's absolutely right, but we did our 4 parks 1 day in 2018 on a Saturday in August on a day where no park was recommended as they were all so busy. So it is doable and also means you're not stuck in one park while it's busy you're spread across them all.
That was exactly my reasoning for having 4 park day at the weekend. I did originally have 4 park day on Saturday and MK on Sunday but as MK closes at 6 on Thur, Sat, Tue and has EMH on Fri and Mon I decided Sunday would probably be manic.

Mon water park, you'll need a rest after 4 parks day, AK evening
Definitely a water park here.

Tue stick with Seaworld and Epcot EEH
Initially I had put a water park in the morning here but definitely like the plan better with Seaworld instead.

Wed water park then MK possibly has EEH
I like this idea as we do like EEH at MK

Thu lazy start, resort or Disney Springs, HS evening

Fri nothing as MNSSHP you will be having a late night
It will certainly be a late one. I thought we might arrive at MK in time for a late lunch so we are fed before the party starts and can just eat on the go during the party.

Sat Another lazy start, pick your park for afternoon/evening you could leave this open and decide on the day before as the park you've not done all you wanted so you get a chance to go back somewhere if any of you feel you've missed a favourite attraction or something.
I do always think I should leave a day open to decide when we're there but I can never actually bring myself to do it. Maybe this year will be the year

So, I'm not sure if you're going to like all these suggestions but maybe some of it will work for you.
Thank you so much for taking the time to go through each day in turn. I'm planning to get the final itinerary done over the weekend (but I have been saying that every weekend since Christmas!) so I can start to get our restaurants pencilled in ready for ADR day. I'll let you know what I decide. I think I may well go for some sort of compromise of a combination of one park days and 2 park days.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Aww how lovely to watch the girls grow. I'm loving the plans and think they're great, can't wait to follow along X

Edited at 07:30 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Aww how lovely to watch the girls grow. I'm loving the plans and think they're great, can't wait to follow along X
Thanks for reading. I'm hoping to get the time to have another go at the itinerary over the weekend.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hmm. I think you're right, you must have felt pretty strongly about the idea of not park hopping again to write in your highs and lows last time. I'm not surprised it's got you in a planning fix and not sure what to do this time. You can always see how you go when you're there. Perhaps, you will fancy a different park after a rest and some pool time. Although, if you're booking ADRs then you'll need to make a decision where they are going to be. Good luck getting your head round it

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hmm. I think you're right, you must have felt pretty strongly about the idea of not park hopping again to write in your highs and lows last time. I'm not surprised it's got you in a planning fix and not sure what to do this time. You can always see how you go when you're there. Perhaps, you will fancy a different park after a rest and some pool time. Although, if you're booking ADRs then you'll need to make a decision where they are going to be. Good luck getting your head round it
Thanks, we've only got this weekend and 2 more before ADRs and we're quite busy the next 2 so it really is now or never! I'm hoping I'll get time to look at it tomorrow. Your ADR day must be really soon x
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I think I may be getting there.
I should have said on my original itinerary that we will be doing 3 days at Universal with FOTL passes and a day at Kennedy Space Center before arriving at beach club.

The new revised plan for the Disney part of our trip is:

Mon 10th HS rope drop morning, afternoon break, evening at MK for HEA. (This may need to change depending on the boarding group/standby/FP situation with ROTR by the time we go.)

Tue 11th MK rope drop until after the parade, rest back at the resort, ROL at AK.

Wed 12th Epcot rope drop until lunch Disney Springs afternoon. Evening at the resort

Thur 13th Animal Kingdom rope drop until lunch, evening at HS for star wars fireworks.

Friday 14th Busch Gardens all day, dinner at Epcot.

Saturday 15th Magic Kingdom rope drop until early afternoon, currently a free evening - may return to Universal if we feel we need more time there or use it as a back up evening in case we've missed any of the evenings planned so far. The only place we can't go is MK as it closes at 6.00

Sunday 16th 4 park day

Monday 17th Typhoon Lagoon morning HS afternoon/evening.

Tuesday 18th Seaworld Day followed by Epcot EMH

Wednesday 19th Blizzard beach followed by AK afternoon/evening.

Thursday 20th Water park or pool morning followed by Epcot and Hollywood Studios for the afternoon/evening not sure on the order yet.

Friday 21st Lazy morning MNSSHP.

Saturday 22nd Lazy morning, AK afternoon, MK resort meal and maybe head into MK to watch HEA to end the night.

Sunday 23rd Check out of Beach Club. Busch Gardens until flight.

I'm not 100% happy with the last few days because there is a lot of MK but DH and two of the girls are desperate to end on MK which means being there 2 days in a row because of MNSSHP. Hattie wants AK at the end which is why we have AK on Saturday afternoon. I then thought we ought to balance things out a bit so put Epcot and Hollywood Studios on the Thursday so we can visit all 4 parks in the last 3 days.

The current boarding process at HS is also a bit of a concern as you have no control over what group you will get so no idea what time you are likely to need to still be at the park to ride. If that system is still in place by the time we go I may well switch the evenings of Mon 10th and Thur 13th so we can devote the whole day to HS on the Monday. I do like that the FP tiers at HS are changing though so at least it won't feel like we have to waste 2 FP.
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I think the plans look great. It's hard to try and please everyone though isn't it. Luckily mine aren't quite picky yet I did the same in November 2018 though, I tried to fit all 4 parks in on the last couple of days. I have a feeling by August they won't be doing the boarding groups, I think you'll probably be able to get FP's. ROTR opened in August and they're releasing FP's from the middle of Feb (6 months later) fingers crossed it's the same for ROTR and it might make things a little easier for you xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the plans look great. It's hard to try and please everyone though isn't it. Luckily mine aren't quite picky yet I did the same in November 2018 though, I tried to fit all 4 parks in on the last couple of days. I have a feeling by August they won't be doing the boarding groups, I think you'll probably be able to get FP's. ROTR opened in August and they're releasing FP's from the middle of Feb (6 months later) fingers crossed it's the same for ROTR and it might make things a little easier for you xx
Thanks, yes it is hard to please everyone but I would rather they gave me a preference. Most of the time I get 'I dunno' or shoulder shrugs as answers to my questions then complaints when I just do what I think will be best.

I'm not sure what I'm hoping for ROTR tbh. If it goes to FP it will obviously be added to tier 1 whereas if it stays boarding groups we could get that plus a tier 1 FP but it does make planning ahead harder. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Thanks, yes it is hard to please everyone but I would rather they gave me a preference. Most of the time I get 'I dunno' or shoulder shrugs as answers to my questions then complaints when I just do what I think will be best.

I'm not sure what I'm hoping for ROTR tbh. If it goes to FP it will obviously be added to tier 1 whereas if it stays boarding groups we could get that plus a tier 1 FP but it does make planning ahead harder. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Yeah I see what you mean. I should have gave everyone an option to choose a day and do what they want, but the planner in me knows that they would choose to do something that wouldn't be effective (like MK on a weekend instead of a waterpark )

Ahh yeah, did you know they've changed the tier system again now since they've put Smugglers Run on the Tier 1 list. Now it's just Slinky Dog and Smugglers run as Tier 1 rides ... all the rest are Tier 2 again X
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah I see what you mean. I should have gave everyone an option to choose a day and do what they want, but the planner in me knows that they would choose to do something that wouldn't be effective (like MK on a weekend instead of a waterpark )

Ahh yeah, did you know they've changed the tier system again now since they've put Smugglers Run on the Tier 1 list. Now it's just Slinky Dog and Smugglers run as Tier 1 rides ... all the rest are Tier 2 again X

Yes kids aren't the best planners.

Thanks, I had seen the changes. At least it doesn't feel like tier 2 is a waste anymore.