Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Dec 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Those maltesers look like they had a mind of their own. Very cute Christmas Puds though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mary Berry's Ginger and White Chocolate Cheesecake

This was yesterday's dessert.

Yummy...the kids were angling for it to be cut into quarters but I managed to convince them that we should save half for tonight.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Gingerbread Pancakes

Anyone spotting the ginger theme love ginger at Christmas.

The recipe was shared by lovely Collybird and even though this was not in plan for today's breakfast I couldn't resist.

Bit ropey with the pouring into the pan...little nobbly bits on the side

They tasted good with some butter, golden syrup (as we didn't have maple ) and squirty cream.

I then made some mince pies, I always make the mincemeat in October half term and usually make 2 or 3 batches of mince pies that are shared with my parents and my brothers families so we are going to have a whole bunch of mince pies this year

The recipe is well splattered as I've used the same one for years.

Quite a bit of methodical prep with the making of the pastry and the cutting out.

Max doesn't like mincemeat, so I always do some jam tarts for him.

The blobs in the middle of the tin on the right were the last bits of pastry filled with jam and mincemeat .

Mulled Wine Cocktail

Now I like a warm mulled wine, but this is so much better - it's chilled but still has the christmassy flavour.

100g of light muscovado, 150 ml water and 4 cloves boiled for a few minutes then cooled.

Add 150 ml cointreau to the sugar water in a jug.

Make sure your red wine is chilled in the fridge and serve with a slice of clementine about 1 part sugar, cointreau mixture to 3 parts wine.

Kids are having hot chocolate with more squirty cream and marshmallows.

I'm now going to revisit the plan for tomorrow to try and fit in some more tasty treats. Those malteser christmas puds look like a great idea

Old 20 Dec 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

I think these started out as sugar cookies and she just added chocolate and Christmas sprinkles that needed to be used up! They taste nice. It was the first time she has made these but the recipe made rather a lot.

Edited at 07:06 PM.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Everything looks yummy Abby. Enjoy the cocktails
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Alicia your mince pies look yummy! I've been making mince pies this morning. Photos later...As for your cocktail shaker, would you believe I have two of course I have

The peppermint bark was easy. I followed a recipe from Tasty. 300g of dark chocolate melted in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract, then pour into a rectangle dish (I lined mine with tin foil). Freeze for 5 mins. While the dark choc is in the freezer melt 300g of white chocolate and bash up your candy canes (I used 12). Pour the white chocolate on top of the dark then put the crushed candy canes on top. Freeze for an hour, then break up. Mine was rock solid and the breaking up part was tricky, perhaps I should have waited a little while after taking it out the freezer we loved it and it barely lasted the evening.

I'm looking forward to seeing your other tasty treats. S'mores are something I've never made.

Pomegranate Juice was with all the other cartons of orange, pineapple, cranberry juice etc. I don't know that I'd ever seen it before either, but I suppose it's always been there.
Why doesn’t that surprise me that you have 2 😂. The blinking delivery didn’t arrive today!

Thank you for the recipe, I’ll get the ingredients in for it tomorrow and report back.

S’mores cookies are fab, plus it’s a cheat too which is my kind of cooking 😂
Buy a Betty Crocker (or similar) mix of choc chip cookies and make according to pack.
Roll out into 36 balls and place one into each muffin cup. Bake for 8 to 9 mins until edges begin to brown.
Once done, press one Rolo into each cookie until flush with top.
Put 3 mini marshmallows onto each and bake for another 3-4 mins.
Cool then pour over melted milk chocolate.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Very Simple No Bake Slice
Base
2 x packs of biscuits ( I used 1 pack of ginger nuts and 1 pack of hob nobs - the ones without chocolate)
1 x tin condensed milk
3 x tbls golden syrup
2 x tbls butter melted

Topping
1 x block milk chocolate
2 x tbls coconut oil (the type that solidifies when cold)

Bash the biscuits and mix with the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter. Press into a lined tin and refrigerate for an hour or so.

Once the base is set, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave (short blasts and mix in between zaps). Once melted pour over base and refrigerate for another hour or so. Slice and try not to eat it all in one go.

You can make this into any type of slice, change the biscuits, add marshmallows or malteasers to the base or the topping! If you need a thicker topping just use two packs of chocolate.
Thanks Michelle! This is now on the ever growing list 😬

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Sounds perfect Kelly definitely share a photo of the cookies, I'd like to find a recipe for gooey chocolate chip cookies...I'm so going to be on the naughty step in a couple of weeks time it's lovely to hear from you. I'm busy pretending there is no World outside my window. I hope you're well.

A x
I swear by this recipe Abby. I use bashed up Galaxy instead of chocolate chips!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Festive fizz...no school run tomorrow! Cheers🥂
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
The cookies look great Kelly, very professional with the chocolate and sprinkles.

Ooh Alicia, now I've got to make cookies

I love your Fizz OB1. I like the look of your Christmas pudding tea cosy in the background. Sadly it took me a moment to realise the wall hanging spelt JOY. I was thinking who is J and Y? Honestly, what an idiot...me I mean!