Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jan 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin Refunds

Virgin have certainly improved the speed of their refunds. I filled in the online form on December 22nd for my cancelled February flights and the full amount was refunded to my credit card on December 28th. Christmas in between as well. Don’t hold out much hope for April - wonder if the refund for that will be as quick?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FlowRider
Earning My Ears

We had the same too. They cancelled our January flights, and the refund was pretty speedy!
FlowRider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

They do have more money coming in so have the funds to refund quicker.
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Your very lucky, I’m still waiting for the money back for costs incurred last March.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jim1
Proud to wear my Ears

Had a shocking time with them in refunds. Last June my September trip was cancelled. Told me my refund would be paid within 120 days.

I got in touch immediately and the following weeks to inform that the card account I booked with is closed and had been since February 2020. Initially I was told it’s ok, we’ll be in touch. Phoned back multiple times over the following months.

Still had no communication from Virgin until one day they told me I had been paid.

Ha, this was October and I had been warning them since July. Fast forward end of December and without a lie, I was phoning once maybe twice a week with conflicting information coming from them, I needed this then that etc

I got a letter from the bank confirming my account closure, then it wasn’t enough. I had to chase the payment with bank via ARN number. Got a letter including dates/times it bounced back to Virgin.

Again this still wasn’t enough, until I managed to get through to a supervisor. They spoke to someone in finance and they contacted bank to sort it out.

Eventually I was able to provide updated details, payment through 2 weeks later.

I understand intention was fair to refund me, but their communication and half of the customer support team were not up to it. Some genuine good people, but felt I had to share my experience incase someone else had this.
Jim1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I cancelled our June trip Jan 10th , email asking where i wanted money paid to 19th January - missing £1075. Whatsapped them and they had paid that part back to a cancelled Tesco credit card the previous day. Balance appeared in my bank account on the 22nd so 12 days all in - can't really grumble. They have held my deposit for me for a year so its not a total write off at this point.