Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 10 Mar 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Another who is happy to pay. I was doing Morrisons for a while and it was free, but horrendous customer service so I went back to tesco and pay £1.50 a pop but actually good customer service so worth the price. When I'm able to get to the shops more easily I will go back to Aldi, we can do click and collect there but I'm not paying £4.99 for the privilege. Now kids are back in school I'm happy to nip around Aldi in an hour for a cheaper shop, but click and collect was a godsend in lockdown whilst I was on my own with the kids.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Do they get paid on performance? Will he lose money from that happening or is it paid hourly/just part of the job?
He gets paid whatever but he goes round the supermarket picking a massive order over 100 items in some cases and then store it in fridges, freezers. Then they don’t turn up and it’s all got to go back, repeat offenders get banned. He said it’s usually corner shops that do it!
Old 10 Mar 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Thanks. It's one of those vague life ponders that drifts into my mind from time to time.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Ive been using Asda's click and collect since about August and I don't mind the 50p charge if it stops me having to go into the store. I do feel my local store does need to have some extra pick up bays as they only have 2 and they are next to the parent and child parking spaces. I tend to collect my shopping at 8am so if the bays are full their is very rarely anybody using the parent spaces. But i did collect one day at 4pm and I was waiting for one of the pick up spaces to come free when they came out with my shopping so the member of staff from Asda told me to park in the parent bay and of course someone wanted to park there. I think the poor lad from Asda was more shocked than me about the verbal abuse we received but bless him he stood up to her and even helped to put the shopping in my car
Old 10 Mar 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Its about time and I think the supermarkets should start charging people the real cost of deliveries and click & Collect, instead of spreading the cost across the store so even those who don't use the services end up with a higher shopping bill. Maybe give those using the app or the automated checkouts a discount.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Another who is happy to pay a click and collect charge. We shop at Tesco and £1.50 for someone to do my all shopping for me and bring it to my car seems like the bargain of the century (I HATE food shopping!)

We've never had any performance issues from Tesco, we are usually in and out in 5 minutes and they've always been pretty good with any issues with the food (which admittedly are rare).

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

This type of charge was always going to happen. The big players have cast out their nets and caught so many fish that they have their collective audience. If your not happy to pay there’s thousands others that will.
What starts out free always ends up with a charge. The question is how much are people willing to pay.
I was shocked recently when I had to do an online shop due to isolating. The costs ran from £3 for an eleven pm delivery to £7.50 for a morning delivery.
The profits for greedy supermarkets on deliveries must be astronomical. It would be nice if they used these profits to reduce food costs but they won’t.
It’s not just supermarkets it’s most online shops whose minimum order price rises constantly to receive free postage eventually when normal retail outlets have all but closed there will be no free delivery and no way to purchase items without paying some sort of surcharge.
I think boots charge you if you want to go to their shop and collect an order. Crazy.

Edited at 06:23 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List