Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 5 Mar 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Done similar in the past to the Kitcat one with chocolate fingers. Filled the middle with smarties as per.

Bright ribbon to hold the fingers on. Dab of melted choc on before to hold them upright.
We use chocolate fingers too. But we use maltesers on the top.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My son only eats plain sponge and I have to make him a plain sponge cake for his birthday soon. He’s going to be 25 so not a child even tho he behaves like a 2 year old. Any idea s how I can decorate it, I thought of making a 25 out of haribos, he likes haribos but doesn’t like icing! Otherwise he’s getting this which looks very unappealing!
Use Maltesers on the top and chocolate fingers all around the outside; although your cake looks delicious as it is
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We use chocolate fingers too. But we use maltesers on the top.
Ooops sorry it looks like I copied your post but I just type very slowly lol Heyho great minds think alike Floridatilly
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What about something like this!

You could use ribbon to secure the Kit Kat’s if you don’t want to use chocolate.
Woweee that looks amazing
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

when you say no cream, is that due to an intolerance or something? or just not liking "normal" whipped cream?

what about a chocolate ganache? chuck a big bar of dairy milk into the microwave to melt, add a large tub of double cream and mix to combine, then just cover the cake with it and decorate with a bit of grated chocolate from the bar before you melted it
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

This is what my friend made for nephew, he is fussy, just loves chocolate lol.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I like the sound of the chocolate dipped chocolate then stuck on!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
when you say no cream, is that due to an intolerance or something? or just not liking "normal" whipped cream?

what about a chocolate ganache? chuck a big bar of dairy milk into the microwave to melt, add a large tub of double cream and mix to combine, then just cover the cake with it and decorate with a bit of grated chocolate from the bar before you melted it
Is that what a ganache is? I've had it but didn't know how to make it.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post

This is what my friend made for nephew, he is fussy, just loves chocolate lol.
This looks lovely. I think he just doesn’t like lots of stuff on it but it can be taken off to eat it! We spent hours making him a Westie cake for his 21st he loved the look of it but wouldn’t eat it!
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post

He doesn’t like cream, icing or custard. He does like chocolate so could probably drizzle some on. He’s a funny one and just likes plain chocolate sponge. Maybe that’s what I should give him!