Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 6 Mar 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Bakedin

Hi all,

I’ve been looking at the subscription service for a monthly cake package for my sons birthday.

Does anyone happen to know if they do a discount code for a gift voucher - I’m looking at the 12 month one but I can only find a discount for the regular subscription which renews annually and I only want to do it for the one year.

Any one tried them? Are they good?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

I use Bakedin and I have just logged in to check. It looks like you can buy a 12 month subscription as a gift, the cost is £90.

I have the bread subscription box rather than the cake box. I really like it as I am more of a savoury person.
Old 6 Mar 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I had a 3 month subscription. Recipes nice but it works out quite expensive... even on the £90 12 month subscription it’s almost £8 a box but you do need to add in some extra ingredients like butter, cream cheese, eggs etc...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I had a 3 month subscription. Recipes nice but it works out quite expensive... even on the £90 12 month subscription it’s almost £8 a box but you do need to add in some extra ingredients like butter, cream cheese, eggs etc...
Thank you both 👍

Yes it’s quite expensive, I don’t mind as it’s for a birthday present and I haven’t got any other ideas for him, I don’t think I would pay that for myself though (although I am hoping to sample the baking! Lol!) 😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I had a baking subscriptions a few years ago, it was called Bakes Box but I don't think they're going anymore. It was fun for a couple of months but very expensive for what it was.

In the long run, I found it better to get inspiration from websites, TV cooking shows and social media and buy new pans, ingredients, tools etc. Could you get him a couple of cookbook and a selection of pans, bowls, ingredients and utensils? You could get a lot of kit and ingredients from somewhere like Home Bargains for £90.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List