Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
waterboy2
Trying for More Ears

would you book?

hi usually go florida but this year were on the verge of booking for san fran and vegas for 2 adults.dates are 29th aug 2021 to 8 sept.direct flights with ba from heathrow to san fran thena internal to vegas 3 days later.stopping at riu plaza fishermans wharf for 3 nights then the venetian for 6 nights.price£2350 not really concerned about price as would be a package so i guess i could get money back if things changed.but would you book it in the current climate,by the time the date comes round we prob will have had our first vaccine we are 49 and 47 respectiveley.thanks
waterboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Can only speak from our own experience but we booked pretty much those dates. Got great UC reward flights, and DVC booking for Grand Californian.

We decided to cancel principally because it was going to be a very expensive holiday that could ultimately lead to disappointment for the whole family, possible financial loss, or even some unknown quarantine exposure.

For us we decided it wasn't worth the risk and worry. If we were 2 adults flying with flexible work commitments for potential quarantine, I'd probably chance my arm at £2k, especially if you can get insurance to limit your losses worst case. Definitely pay by CC of course.

I'm still keeping an eye on the situation and if travel to the US reopens without child testing or quarantine, then we may still rebook. Just really don't want to be in a situation where the adults are vaccinated and require no tests, but the young adults need testing the day before flying. Too stressful.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Personally, I’d go for it. We are still planning our august trip to WDW. You can get a voucher with BA if you can’t go, so as long as you are happy with those terms, I’d say, do it. I also think you will at a minimum have had your first dose and quite possibly , if things keep going well, your second as well.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Yes I say go for it!

We've just booked a sneaky week San Fran to LA for October half term at a great price, if we can't go or have to move, then that's fine as we are going to WDW next August.

I am in full planning mode now and loving it!
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would book in the full knowledge that BA have an impeccable record of refunding in the event that they cancel and extremely generous terms should you do the cancelling (credit note for use by April 01 2023). In addition, they are a company better prepared to weather out any financial storm than practically any other. I cannot see them going under.

The price looks excellent and with decent hotels. You are risking nothing whilst standing to gain everything as the prices will likely go through the roof when certainty returns to travel.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:01 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes book it, if it don't go ahead then put off til next year, thats what we have been doing since 2020, we will get there 😊

Also the hotel I have booked on booking.com for San Francisco has gone up £400 since I booked it, so I think the nearer we get to going the price is going to rocket.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List