Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Mar 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
pinseekers
Gone all Goofy

Hello,

if they are still selling tickets, you may want to open a new line of enquiry about buying tickets and when they reply start discussing your case. if they then go on to ignore you, this gives you further evidence for your credit card company ( not that you should need more when the tickets you have are now invalid) to get a refund.
pinseekers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bulldogmason
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by AlanScotland View Post
2020 Universal explorer tickets are valid automatically until end 2022. Check urgently with Universal that Florida Escapes haven't obtained a refund on your tickets and invalidated them. This is what they have done to mine. And they have kept the money too.

What a nightmare this has all become! Did your wife have any response from Disney?
Bulldogmason is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

Hi I would get in touch with Disney to see if your Disney tickets have been cancelled. I would not just turn up and pay the difference without something in writing when using tickets through a UK supplier.
I thought I had a problem, so following advice contacted Disney after talking to a couple of people the second one was in Florida, they could not find my tickets on there system therefore could not upgrade them. the guy explained that tickets bought through UK third parts sellers go through Disney wholesale and normal cast members can not see them on their computer system. he said to email "guest.services@disneyworld.com" send ticket numbers and explain the problem, in your case I would mention what has happened with universal.
Thankfully in my case it was a false alarm and the ticket company I used have been good about upgrading all tickets to 2022
good luck

Edited at 01:35 PM.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical2020
I have Ears

Just had a reply from Universal Guest Services, my tickets are still valid and now have an updated expiration date of January 13, 2023. They said this extension was recent, which may be the reason for some of the conflicting information we are hearing.
Magical2020 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We've seen their adverts on FB so have put comments on there regarding our tickets. We'll see how long they stay on there.
Old 15 Mar 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Wow looking at going this year and I've always used them. So they are temporarily on furlough?

Old 15 Mar 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

Disney can't help as we bought via a third party. The tickets are a UK promotion (14 day Ultimate) and have no cash value at the gate.

It's not as easy as just showing up with out of date tickets and upgrading them apparently
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

Did you provide them your ticket numbers? They told me all tickets were extended. When I showed them the barcodes thats when they specifically checked mine and found they were invalidated.
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jonnykeogh
Proud to wear my Ears

Who did you all contact when you contacted Universal? Does anyone have an email address please?

I bought mine from FE last year originally for Oct 2020, hoping to go in Sept 2021 now. Usually buy from ATD but needed to save money. Now I can't get in touch with them either.

Serves me right tbh for going with a company like FE, they're cheap for a reason.
1996 - Sheraton Inn, 1998 - Sheraton Inn, 2003 - Quality Inn International, 2005 - Enclave Suites, 2007 - Comfort Inn International, 2010 - Quality Inn International, 2013 - Boardwalk Inn & Hard Rock Hotel, 2015 - Beach Club & Legoland Hotel, 2015 - Hilton Garden Inn & Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2017 - Avanti Resort, 2017 - Lake Buena Vista Hotel & Spa/Sunset Vistas, 2018 - All Star Music Resort2019 - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
jonnykeogh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

When I thought I had a problem with my ticket company (which it turns out I don't) I sent Universal a message on their FB page, they asked for the bar codes and below is what I got back. My own ticket company said they had checked with universal who confirmed the information was the same answer they
had got.

Thank you for providing that information. While we would not be able to refund you for these tickets I do see that they do not expire until January 13th, 2023. If you are visiting in 2022 these will still be valid at that time.

Edited at 02:37 PM.
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List