Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Apr 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I also have 'banked' 2019 points-about 130/135 of them. which I've used to book for july 21.

I currently have confirmed bookings for July but the state of play iro vaccinations in ireland is not good and new travel restrictions are coming down the line, meaning unlikely i'll be able to use my points by 1st september expiry date because of continued travel ban/restrictions

so do i need to cancel the confirmed bookings in order to ask dvc to extend expiration to May 22 or beyond?

Or can I keep the bookings (just in case) and still get the extension?

Does that make sense!

Thanks
If you are ringing to ask to extend the points keep the booking. It shows you have had the intention of going. Then ask nicely if they can offer you the policy of extending banked points for international owners that is in place.
The only caveat is that they will say they will probably only do it to end of May 22, i.e. the points have to be used by then. At least if you can’t use them before then you can try and rent them out ASAP before they become distressed. I have August use year and they will not re-jig my points for the booking with my “ extended” points until August. I understand why as they want you to be clear you are likely to go and use them as part of a current booking, or new one, rather than keep rebooking your trips. “It is the policy” I was told quite sharply when I wanted to rejig now and book in January.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
If you are ringing to ask to extend the points keep the booking. It shows you have had the intention of going. Then ask nicely if they can offer you the policy of extending banked points for international owners that is in place.
The only caveat is that they will say they will probably only do it to end of May 22, i.e. the points have to be used by then. At least if you can’t use them before then you can try and rent them out ASAP before they become distressed. I have August use year and they will not re-jig my points for the booking with my “ extended” points until August. I understand why as they want you to be clear you are likely to go and use them as part of a current booking, or new one, rather than keep rebooking your trips. “It is the policy” I was told quite sharply when I wanted to rejig now and book in January.
Knowing we are definitely cancelling , do you know how it works with the extension if you have a December use year

Would that mean if we wanted to rent them out we would have to wait until December

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
Knowing we are definitely cancelling , do you know how it works with the extension if you have a December use year

Would that mean if we wanted to rent them out we would have to wait until December
I think when you ring you have to explain your special circumstance re holidays and ability to travel. Right now all I hear is that they will be extended to May 22 but with a Dec UY that is very tight if can’t book or rent out anything until then. You should still be able to rent out after Dec to May but the closer you get the less you might get. However I would take that over losing the points.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
I think when you ring you have to explain your special circumstance re holidays and ability to travel. Right now all I hear is that they will be extended to May 22 but with a Dec UY that is very tight if can’t book or rent out anything until then. You should still be able to rent out after Dec to May but the closer you get the less you might get. However I would take that over losing the points.
Did chat yesterday to cancel and Didn’t even have to ask she told me when I said we needed to cancel what was happening and what she would do

You are right only gives us a short window to rent out because it’s a dec use year , she did say though we can always put into rci

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Did chat yesterday to cancel and Didn’t even have to ask she told me when I said we needed to cancel what was happening and what she would do

You are right only gives us a short window to rent out because it’s a dec use year , she did say though we can always put into rci
Ali. So have you totally binned off 2021? I assume therefore you are like us and awash with Points for 2022.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I got my 2020 points banked and agent said she'd left a note/request to say after September 1st (my use year) my 2019 banked points were to be extended to May 22.
She did say to call back mid September to check this.

I ended up cancelling my bookings for July this year, as my son wont be vaccinated by then BUT I have rebooked my 2021 package with WDTC for 2022.

If I cannot extend further out than May 22 and I dont get to go before May, I'll try and sell my points or make bookings for third parties rather than lose all 135 of them!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 11:03 AM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ali. So have you totally binned off 2021? I assume therefore you are like us and awash with Points for 2022.
We Have 🥲 gutted but feel a bit better since decision made , my brother in Texas doesn’t think our son or grand daughter would manage masks in the heat of July , no fast passes , know these rules might relax but for us , just a gamble if they don’t ,

flights were early July, it was just getting so stressful not knowing but then missing the dvc May deadline and loosing 1070 points

Hope tui cancel our flights so we can get a refund

Didn’t realise we couldn’t use these extended points to book until after December as in if we rented them out but she did say we could bank to rci right up until May deadline

Even banking 2020 points we will have enough to give children a 2 bedroom over and above us for the next 2 years 😱

We have added / bought another week at our auchrannie timeshare so heading there instead

Old 13 Apr 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We Have 🥲 gutted but feel a bit better since decision made , my brother in Texas doesn’t think our son or grand daughter would manage masks in the heat of July , no fast passes , know these rules might relax but for us , just a gamble if they don’t ,

flights were early July, it was just getting so stressful not knowing but then missing the dvc May deadline and loosing 1070 points

Didn’t realise we couldn’t use these extended points to book until after December as in if we rented them out but she did say we could bank to rci right up until May deadline

Even banking 2020 points we will have enough to give children a 2 bedroom over and above us for the next 2 years 😱

We have added / bought another week at our auchrannie timeshare so heading there instead
My Daughter keeps dropping hints about a big Family trip next year. Mmm, well Dad isn't paying.
We are well underway with our 2022 planning and are having 10 Nights in February with the Grandson and 5+ weeks in April/May as a starter for ten.

I checked out your Auchrannie Resort. Very nice I must say

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Hi Ali,
We sold ours through David’s rentals it was so easy & I would definitely use them again.
I did sell some via FB which was okay but much more work, like a lot more work as loads of people wanted me to keep checking dates but not booking!
Old 13 Apr 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7

Shame you've had to cancel Alison but it does sound like it's the right decision for you.

Could you not use your DVC points at Auchrannie? I remember seeing them on there when I was looking into RCI. Lovely place too - we stayed there a few years back.

Otherwise it seems like there's going to be a lot of points needing used up by May 22. I'm hoping availability at WDW won't be too limited if it's just us overseas DVCers with extended points.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List