Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 4 Apr 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
familydreams
New Poster (2)

Aldi Kissimmee vs Aldi Clermont

Hi Guys,

Our last trip to Orlando we shopped at Aldi in Clermont to save huge amounts than shopping on the 192.
We are a big family and it costs us around £23k per visit so like to make savings where we can.

The Aldi on the 192 wasn't built on our last trip, does anyone know if there is a huge price difference in the two locations?

Thank you
familydreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

THere may be the odd thing that differs in price but it’s a few cents on the odd item
Don’t know if you’ve ever checked out Dollar tree for the basics like sugar salt pepper
Ketchup pasta etc as well as trash bags washing up liquid and other household items
You will often get brand names in there
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
THere may be the odd thing that differs in price but it’s a few cents on the odd item
Don’t know if you’ve ever checked out Dollar tree for the basics like sugar salt pepper
Ketchup pasta etc as well as trash bags washing up liquid and other household items
You will often get brand names in there
Love Dollar tree, I can't get enough of it, and for bringing stuff home it's amazing 😍
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It’s the craft section in the huge new Dollar Tree after marker 15 on the 192 Ivan spend an age in there
Yes I buy loads for the villa in DT particularly things like cleaning cloths dish towels chopping boards toilet brushes and leave a stash with the cleaners so they can just chuck stuff out between guests etc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

There are actually 3 Aldis on 192 now. I am assuming you mean the one near the junction with H27 as you mentioned Clermont. I believe the one in Clermont is a bit bigger but I have never heard of different pricing. It is very unlikely to be worth the extra drive depending on where you are staying.

Just to confuse the issue, the one on 192 near H27 is NOT in Kissimmee. It is actually called Clermont as it is over the border in Lake County. It is miles away from the older one on H27 near downtown Clermont.

The 2 in Kissimmee are a new one east of Old Town and an older one near Medieval Times. There is also a new one in "Davenport" that isn't far from Championsgate at the junction of Old Lake Wilson Road and Osceola Polk Line Road.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Donna
You beat me to it I’ve just had a lecture off our son who’s a manger with Aldi about the location of the stores his friend manages one
He also said Mother you should know any major price difference in an item is up to the manager ie it’s not shifting in that particular store or an out of season special buy
We don’t let him in Aldi when he’s with abroad he’s a nightmare for tidying up the store as we go round ( I confess we do as well though but don’t tell him )
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

[QUOTE=familydreams;14907849]Hi Guys,

We are a big family and it costs us around £23k per visit so like to make savings where we can.

Wow!... £23k... that must be one BIG family
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Donna
You beat me to it I’ve just had a lecture off our son who’s a manger with Aldi about the location of the stores his friend manages one
He also said Mother you should know any major price difference in an item is up to the manager ie it’s not shifting in that particular store or an out of season special buy
We don’t let him in Aldi when he’s with abroad he’s a nightmare for tidying up the store as we go round ( I confess we do as well though but don’t tell him )
I am very glad they have opened more around here. I can now do a regular shop in the closest one instead of every few months with a cool bag and ice packs in the car
Old 7 Apr 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
familydreams
New Poster (2)

We are. In total there are 9 of us Mum, Dad x2 21 year olds, 20, 18, 17, 13 and a nearly 3 year old when we next go. We are going for 3 weeks staying in big 7 bedroom villa in Emerald Island (I'm not a actually paying for the x2 21 year olds this time). With the park tickets and £4k spends (hopefully if I save enough) its costing in total over £20k.. I kid you not we live on beans on toast.

Edited at 07:18 PM.
familydreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by familydreams View Post
We are. In total there are 9 of us Mum, Dad x2 21 year olds, 20, 18, 17, 13 and a nearly 3 year old when we next go. We are going for 3 weeks staying in big 7 bedroom villa in Emerald Island (I'm not a actually paying for the x2 21 year olds this time). With the park tickets and £4k spends (hopefully if I save enough) its costing in total over £20k.. I kid you not we live on beans on toast.
The new one near 27 will he perfect for you. Only about 10 minutes from Emerald Island and never too crowded.