Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Apr 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
leedonaghy
Being a bit Goofy

Discovercars.com legit or not?

We are going February next year, and car hire prices are unbelievable, however, I have found this website, and they seem to undercut everybody, has anybody used these? Are they legit? It's just in the current climate they just seem too good to be true...
leedonaghy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Reviews seem hit or miss, some great ones, but very negative if you have a problem.
I always work on if its too good to be true, or i dont feel comfortable with companies i have never heard of before, then extra caution.
In this case, I personally may avoid as its a crucial part of your holiday and if something went wrong, it could be costly., i.e. you turn up and the bookings wrong. Paying for a hire car on arrival is $$$$

Use Quidco for a good cashback if you do use them.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I’ve used them and the company were great however, be VERY wary which of their rental partners you get your car with.

They work with the “big guys” like Alamo, Avis, Dollar etc...and they’ve been fine however, they also operate with some operators that are more than a little shady, such as Easirent, Corpusa, Greenmotion and NUCarrentals. A quick Google on these companies should make you run a mile and keep going.

DiscoverCars have some great headline cheap prices, but they tend to be with the shadier rental companies, so I always filter by supplier to be safe.
tolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

I had the same thoughts about vipcars.com , the holiday never went ahead, but we confirmed all the booking details with the actual hire company and it was all legit. May be worth checking them out?
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mark64uk
Serious Dibber

I have booked with them for Nov they had a 50% cash back on my employers reward site so took a chance. Its with budget so its a known company the voucher was sent as soon as i paid. They already paid out my cashback and i still have the option to cancel so id be £225 up 😂
Mark64uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The downsides I can see with discover cars is that their cheap Orlando prices are based offsite so you have to shuttle out to their lot. And, if you need to make a claim, you have to pay out and then claim back from them.
Old 17 Apr 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
The downsides I can see with discover cars is that their cheap Orlando prices are based offsite so you have to shuttle out to their lot. And, if you need to make a claim, you have to pay out and then claim back from them.
I'm not seeing that sorry. I have done a dummy booking for this August and all the usual suspects are on there namely Alamo, Budget,Dollar and National. Also some weird ones like Green Motion and Easirent.
The first 4 are all onsite at MCO and yes the others are offsite.

The Company is based in Latvia

What I don't like. They add on a charge that for a 4 week rental is £159.77 that covers -
Refundable theft deductible
Bodywork and roof
Windshield and windows
Mirrors
Wheels and tires
Undercarriage
Lost keys or lockout fees
Taxi expenses
Towing expenses
Administrative charges
Loss of use fee

Or you can not pay it but be liable. What the heck are these all about?
Taxi expenses
Towing expenses
Administrative charges
Loss of use fee

Not for me thank you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 03:23 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I'm not seeing that sorry. I have done a dummy booking for this August and all the usual suspects are on there namely Alamo, Budget,Dollar and National. Also some weird ones like Green Motion and Easirent.
The first 4 are all onsite at MCO and yes the others are offsite.

The Company is based in Latvia

What I don't like. They add on a charge that for a 4 week rental is £159.77 that covers -
Refundable theft deductible
Bodywork and roof
Windshield and windows
Mirrors
Wheels and tires
Undercarriage
Lost keys or lockout fees
Taxi expenses
Towing expenses
Administrative charges
Loss of use fee

Or you can not pay it but be liable. What the heck are these all about?
Taxi expenses
Towing expenses
Administrative charges
Loss of use fee

Not for me thank you.
Thanks for the info, definitely one to avoid.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

THis is the same company someone else asked about a month or so ago.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1190004
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think they have an additional charge that covers all of those things but again you have to pay OOP and then claim back from the insurance

We’ve decided not to use them because there just isn’t enough info out there for us to be confident