Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Apr 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Renter not paid reservation

I made a reservation on Wednesday for an American family. Payment was due yesterday I messaged to say I had sent the confirmation and emailed the confirmation along with have not received the money. No reply to either.

I know this is just a day late but how long would you wait? All other renters have paid promptly.
Old 16 Apr 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
I made a reservation on Wednesday for an American family. Payment was due yesterday I messaged to say I had sent the confirmation and emailed the confirmation along with have not received the money. No reply to either.

I know this is just a day late but how long would you wait? All other renters have paid promptly.
I would cancel and move on, but depends on terms of your contract (if any). I assume it says due yesterday so would maybe send 1 email. My worry is the unreliable person may try to pull a fast one later. My renters have always paid as soon as done.
Old 16 Apr 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I wouldn't wait, but I ask for 50% up front anyway before making the reservation / putting it in their name.

In your current situation I'd send an email saying if I don't receive the funds within 24 hours (& give a timed deadline) then the reservation will be cancelled & re rented.

I'm VERY uncomfortable with a lack of communication, I'm a very communicative person with these types of transactions as there's a lot of trust involved, so I'd be very black & white.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I never send the reservation number and details until I have full payment. I would send them an Email ask if they still want the res and give them another 24h- remember there is a time difference too and then cancel.

I had one renter that funded his paypal account via echeck - basically like a bacs payment- they take 3 days to clear, so I did wait for him and it came good
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Thank you. She replied that she had messaged me yesterday but I had no message (via messenger) later tonight the message is there and it was sent yesterday. I was in hospital so maybe no signal!
She says she has paid it but nothing showing in my PayPay and I have sent her a screenshot.
Is there a limit to what you can receive in PayPal?
I have asked her if she had a receipt or can find out from
PayPal but no replyyet.
I feel bad incase like the message she has sent it but if so why is it not showing in my account?
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

You are kind, but its upto them to prove they have paid surely, not for you to find it. Perhaps give her a day or two, but if someone wants to book in the meantime and pays, I would take that. Hope you get sorted
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

If the reservation is not within the next 35-days then I wouldn't be too alarmed as you are always in control and can change or cancel in a few days time before the 31-days cancellation policy if the payment doesn't eventually show up, or the renter can't show proof of payment.

I thought paypal was instant and you would have received an email from them right away, but I just made a search on Paypal community and found the following question and response to someone who also did not receive payment right away. Your's might not be the same reason but it does show that delays can and do happen.

So I wouldn't consider cancelling just yet in case there's a valid reason for the delay and it just might show up in a few days time.

Good luck and hope it's sorted soon.

Hello,
A person has paid me using my email address but it's been three days and the payment hasn't appeared in my Paypal transactions or my bank account. Has it been long enough that I should assume something has gone wrong?
(I have verified my email address, is there anything else I need to do to receive payments?)
Thank you,

Welcome to our Community!

If the payments still have not appeared on your account. Please make sure the email address is linked to your account and has a confirmed status. If the payment was sent in a different currency you will need to accept the currency.
Here's how to accept money in a new currency:
Go to paypal/uk and log in to your account.
Click Money at the top of the page.
Click Manage Currencies.
Select the currency you want to add.
Click 'Add Currency'
Here is how to confirm your email address:

Go to paypal/uk and log in to your account.
Click the Profile icon at the top of the page and then select Profile and Settings from the drop-down menu.
Beside 'Email', click Update.
Select the email address you want to confirm, click Confirm and we will send you an email.
Click the link in the email to confirm your email addres
s
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Good post Br’er Bear, something I wouldn’t have thought about, if you’ve never dealt in $ before on PayPal you have to accept the currency for it to show. No need after that it’s automatic then.
Old 17 Apr 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Thank you Br’re Bear

The reservation is not until July so no immediate panic.

My email has not been replied to but perhaps time difference.

Having not paid anyone by PayPal, other than through a shop etc) I presume you can check who you pay and how much so she should be able to check if it has gone through!

My other renters payment came through within minutes so we will wait and see what happens with this one.

Thanks for your advice.

Edited at 12:07 PM.
Sara_toga is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Thank you Br’re Bear

The reservation is not until July so no immediate panic.

My email has not been replied to but perhaps time difference.

Having not paid anyone by PayPal, other than through a shop etc) I presume you can check who you pay and how much so she should be able to check if it has gone through!

My other renters payment came through within minutes so we will wait and see what happens with this one.

Thanks for your advice.
Hopefully it's time difference and yes, she will be able to check her account and that will show the date, amount and to whom the payment was sent to.

There could be a number of valid reasons why it hasn't yet shown up, maybe she didn't already have cleared funds in her paypal account and it was being funded from her bank account rather than paid with a credit card.

Unlike the UK the US banks and Credit Unions seem to be way behind us and it could take a few days for those funds to clear into her PP account.

All the best and have a good weekend.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List