Old 2 May 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
We always seemed to be there the same time as you in May as it was our favourite time, but 2022 is a change for us to. Just booked today for Christmas 2022 (yeah, happy dance!)

Your trip reports are always so great 😀
Thanks for reading : I love May but just can’t do it anymore which is a shame. We’d love to Christmas one day. I’m sure we will eventually.

Originally Posted by katebush95 View Post
It sounds like a great trip and you are so organised already! We’ve just booked for November 2022 and haven’t really planned anything yet as it still seems so far away 😫
I’m sort of organised. I’ve deliberately left actually planning everything, the day by day, until much later this time. Leaves me something to do! I peak to early usually

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
This sounds like it's going to be a fantastic trip, with all the best bits of your previous trips. Having a longer countdown just means you get to make more tweaks to the plan to make it even more perfect...Or to save up more money for the inevitable add-on-itus that we all have on here I'm looking forward to all your updates along the way.

Thank you. The more time definitely allows to save a bit more. An extra I have im putting in a pot to get a few extras but don’t know what they are yet. I’ve got an extra pot for something big that I’ve booked but can’t say on here yet

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Thanks for doing this 🙂
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I love reading other people's plans, and borrowing their best ideas.
Thanks for reading. I usually get my best ideas from other people’s reports. You find things you’d never really think of.

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Hi. Just enjoyed reading your pre trip. I’ve appreciated all your previous reports & watching the girls grow up. Cant wait to see what they look like now. I picked up a lot of useful info too, along the way. Do you remember when you bought a Galaxy View for Evie Mae? After reading about it, I bought one for my daughter from Best Buy ( saved a fortune on UK prices) & we all love it.
Just a thought. Have you heard of Amazing Animals in Kissimmee? We haven’t been yet as our trips keep getting cancelled. 🙁 Hoping to get there in Sept. hmmm. Anyway, I was just thinking about Evie Mae & wondered if it might be something she’d like to do, as you can do private visits/hold some animals & it’s not expensive, compared to most animal attractions.
Thanks for reading. Evie still has the Samsung View. She uses it everyday. It has black tape holding the back together though! One of the best things we ever bought. I think they stopped making them though unfortunately

I’ve not heard about Amazing Animals. I’ll have a look at that. Thanks for the suggestion. That’s the sort of thing she loves.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m looking forward to your report, your planning is awesome. We did Amazing Animals in August 2019 and it really was amazing. We saw a Tim tracker vlog on it and I was totally sold. We booked our tour with Kylie, she gave us a private tour of all the animals they have rescued. We got to feed/snuggle sloths which was a bucket list item for me and they also had capybaras which were adorable. We are hoping to go back for our trip next year. It was well worth the money.

Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I’m looking forward to your report, your planning is awesome. We did Amazing Animals in August 2019 and it really was amazing. We saw a Tim tracker vlog on it and I was totally sold. We booked our tour with Kylie, she gave us a private tour of all the animals they have rescued. We got to feed/snuggle sloths which was a bucket list item for me and they also had capybaras which were adorable. We are hoping to go back for our trip next year. It was well worth the money.

Thanks for reading : I’ll check out the Tim Tracker video when I can
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sofiamouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

So happy to see your post, loved all your others! We are going out end of July into August 2022 and have seen the big difference in the VS Miami flights. I’m really not sure what do for the best! But we are going on a big family trip and everyone else wants to hold out for BA flights. We’ve never been in August before and defo want to do MNSSHP too. May well try doing a report for the first time.
Sofiamouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sofiamouse View Post
So happy to see your post, loved all your others! We are going out end of July into August 2022 and have seen the big difference in the VS Miami flights. I’m really not sure what do for the best! But we are going on a big family trip and everyone else wants to hold out for BA flights. We’ve never been in August before and defo want to do MNSSHP too. May well try doing a report for the first time.
Thanks for reading. I kind of wish I'd held out for BA flights but the longer people aren't allowed to fly this summer the more prices might rise. I'm hoping August will be fine but it's our first time there as well at that time. A trip report is a great records to look back on in the future
Old 3 May 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Like you, we had to move to July/August when my girls started secondary education.
We also moved to condos/villas as the 1 bathroom sharing was getting ‘tense’.
It’s the humidity that gets you. Some tips (apologies if you’ve heard them all before).
Keep drinking water. Buy a large polystyrene box & bags of ice (Walmart) & keep drinks in the car boot. ‘Cooling’ towels round the neck are good. Once you’re in the villa, freeze grapes & take them with you. Also, You’ll be able to make your own ice then.

AK is by far the most humid park - all that planting. Get there for opening & leave when/if it gets too much.

We found that we had to slow down our usual pace (parks all day, every day - we were younger then - mid 40s) but we always had a wonderful time.

Edited at 09:48 AM. Reason: Add content
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HakunaMatata
Helping Minnie

Sounds amazing! Cannot wait to read all about it!

Glenbrook villas 2009
Highgrove villas 2011
AKL and HRH 2019
Should have been AoA 2020
We're trying again...Highlands reserve villas 2022

HakunaMatata is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Like you, we had to move to July/August when my girls started secondary education.
We also moved to condos/villas as the 1 bathroom sharing was getting ‘tense’.
It’s the humidity that gets you. Some tips (apologies if you’ve heard them all before).
Keep drinking water. Buy a large polystyrene box & bags of ice (Walmart) & keep drinks in the car boot. ‘Cooling’ towels round the neck are good. Once you’re in the villa, freeze grapes & take them with you. Also, You’ll be able to make your own ice then.

AK is by far the most humid park - all that planting. Get there for opening & leave when/if it gets too much.

We found that we had to slow down our usual pace (parks all day, every day - we were younger then - mid 40s) but we always had a wonderful time.
We will try and fact it in the heat with the planning it's hard to try and and not to do too much until you get used to it!

Originally Posted by HakunaMatata View Post
Sounds amazing! Cannot wait to read all about it!
Thanks for reading!
Old 5 May 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rubberduckie89
Excited about Disney

rubberduckie89's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So exciting to be planning something. I am vaguely looking at June 2022 but haven't booked anything yet!
Old 5 May 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by rubberduckie89 View Post
So exciting to be planning something. I am vaguely looking at June 2022 but haven't booked anything yet!
Thanks for reading : Still plenty of time to book