Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Apr 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

looks like no disney cruise for us this year

after the pants year we've all had I said I'd treat dd to a disney cruise as they have one over her birthday. Got an update yesterday all over 18's must be fully vaccinated = both jabs + 7 days absolutely no chance that will be possible for dd
I can take both her brothers they'll just need a covid test done but dd is currently ruled out as she's over 18 which seems unfair considering she not able to get vaccinated for ages yet due to her age.
I'm wondering if they might update the advice closer to the time and allow over 18's who cannot be vaccinated in time the option to get tested instead?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Doubtful they will change their minds on the vaccine.

I’m on a fb group and many are in the same position as you and therefore can no longer go .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Unfortunately this is going to exclude entire families - the children would be allowed on with tests, but a lot of parents might be too young to have been vaccinated.

Having said that, they really do seem to be racing through vaccinations the last few weeks, especially considering they’re doing both 1st and 2nd jabs. Depending on the uptake from younger groups and extra vaccine supplies, things might get going even faster soon.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Unfortunately cruising is a very difficult area hence why this will be the first restart for the industry. The majority of companies went for vaccines required. What about one of the later cruises as by then she should be vaccinated I would hope as they are already doing 30 years olds.
Old 29 Apr 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

yes i am ruled out too as my dd would not be done by then, so no point!
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

That's the problem for us. We looked at the staycation, only the Liverpool dates are good for us and we cannot guarantee OH 2nd dose by then. It would be close so not worth booking on the hope in case.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Its frustrating as there is really no reason why they couldn't just insist on additional covid tests for those that are not fully vaccinated.
Its seems daft that I could take multiple under 18's with me who would have no protection against covid and some who won't have to wear masks either but can't take someone over 18 who should have had at least 1 dose of vaccine.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Same here. My 18 and 20 yr old wont be able to go. But my 17yr old would. Sadly it's the older 2 that would want to go and there is no way I will leave them behind

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Isn’t this positive discrimination. Unless we are old, and/or are of ill health you won’t be able to go until the autumn, absolute disgrace.

Edited at 09:22 PM.
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
Isn’t this positive discrimination. Unless we are old, and/or are of ill health you won’t be able to go until the autumn, absolute disgrace.
I presume it’s all to do with the companies insurance insisting on certain things.
The other side to look at is your young and free to do most things at leisure ( apart from cruise) Think of all the elderly that have been shut away by families and institutions for 15 months. Unable to cross the fresh hold. Locked behind a door.
That was until some of them threatened the government with court procedures regarding their human rights to live a life as others do. Hey presto from Tuesday they can go out..
Maybe the youth should consider the same action rather than gripe against their elders.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List