Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Apr 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Avis / MCO

Normally we catch the magical. Express , and pick up car later in the holiday, but this time collecting it at the start.

We are Avis preferred members , does this differ at MCO ,min terms of collecting the car , normally we can bypass the line, and collect from a different area , as our name is on a board, or there’s a different area for preferred members , not sure how it works in MCO

Thanks

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

I believe it works similar at MCO - You just head to the garage, your name should be on a board and off you go.

But someone infinitely more knowledgeable about the subject shall be along shortly to confirm.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

At MCO garage A or B name on the board, south exit to the 417 and away you go... I would imagine Mick will answer with a more detailed reply shortly...
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gasman66 View Post
At MCO garage A or B name on the board, south exit to the 417 and away you go... I would imagine Mick will answer with a more detailed reply shortly...
Sorry G66 but can't help really as we're normally Alamo people. Only done Avis once when a BA fly-drive price was too good to miss. That was back in Nov 2017 and we collected from garage B and, as you say, on auto-pilot to 417 south.

Our name wasn't on a board but back then I don't think it was if it was your first time with Avis. It may have changed since then of course.

Mick
Old 30 Apr 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

You can go straight to the garage if you are an avid preferred member, your name should be on the board but I’ve found it bit hit or miss sometimes my name is sometimes it’s not, if it’s not just go to the little kiosk and they will take your licence ,credit card details etc and allocate you a car you then go to your designated space and get in your car and go, if your not happy with the car go back to kiosk and they will swap it for you depending on availability - the swap lane was done away with a couple years ago sadly

Edited at 08:27 AM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

In 2017 we went straight to the garage and followed the sign towards Avis, once there a member of staff checked your ticket and pointed you to the right row, as I had upgraded to a Suburban I was told to wait and they brought it to me as it hadnt been kept in the normal collection rows.