Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Apr 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report day 14

Monday 16th July

Day 14 - Destruction of the Doughnuts

Index is here

I didn’t take any photos from the club breakfast pictures this morning as it’s all the same every day so I have some doughnut pictures instead.

Warning graphic scenes of doughnut destruction…

This one was nice but peanut cake was still the leader.

We spent a bit of time by the pool.

We walked into the parks today as we were going to IOA and it was pretty warm, its was after 11am so no surprise it was warm really. As soon as we were in, we reactivated the mug before heading into Cat and the Hat to benefit from a bit of air conditioning.

The Cat in the Hat and the Lorax were out together, and I just can’t resist. I'm the biggest kid when it comes to these characters.

We stayed in Suess Landings and rode the trolley ride. To be honest we were happy just taking our time as we had no real priorities this afternoon. Ds and Dh spent ages carrying on at the fountain, trying to get their coins to land in the characters mouths so that they would send out little jets of water. This has to be one of their favourite things in the whole park.

Not sure what was up today but Forbidden Journey, Hulk and Spider-Man were all down for a bit.

Ds was desperate for some Dippin Dots, so we stopped for them and then continued up to Hogsmeade, hoping that Forbidden Journey might come back on, but it didn’t.

Ds and Dh did Hippogriff, I didn’t fancy being bashed about so I sat it out. Thankfully they were on and off fairly quickly as it was fairly warm waiting for them.

We really needed to fill the mug so we went into Burger Digs to do it, it was heaving in there but it has a few machines so it didn’t take long and we headed out the back to the terrace to have a look around. There are some really nice views from there. I wonder what it will be like now with the Velocicoaster.

Something we were really keen to do was the Raptor Encounter, it had always been busy, they were predicting a 25-minute wait when we passed so we thought why not.

Most of the line is in the shade. Unfortunately when we’d been in line for about 10 minutes they closed due to lightening in the area. We took this as a sign that maybe it was time for a late lunch and we agreed that we would really like to go back to Cowfish.

It was about 2.30pm so there was no wait for a table. I was really keen to have a larger amount of sushi this time as I’d really enjoyed it last time. Ds was feeling very put out that there was no sushi on the kids menu. I was a little confused at this comment and pointed out that there was a kids tempura shrimp roll on the menu. He had thought this was a roll with shrimp on it rather than sushi. 😂 I had to laugh. He ordered this as part of the Bento Box and was happy to be getting sweet potato fries, I promised I’d let him have some of mine as well in return for a few fries.

I had the firecracker roll which I shared with Ds. Amazing again.

Dh had the big squeal, burger with pulled pork, Gouda cheese and onion strings. This was massive but very good Dh said. He also had one of his new favourites – the black cherry McKenzie cider.

The later lunches were working really well for us with club level. The cheese and crackers just topped us up!
The Fossil store in Citywalk had some bags on sale, I can never resist. There were a few that I really liked and I eventually went for a mid-size cross body in a pattern that I’d been eyeing up at home. We also had a wander around Piq where Ds bought himself a cat picture in the style of Dr who, I really liked that wee shop, it’s a shame it closed now.

The boats were not running as there was still lightning in the area, so we walked back to the resort and headed into club level for 4.30pm.

I had my usual cheese, crackers and wine, Dh had the same but a beer and Ds scoffed some very tasty mac and cheese. I updated my food report notes and watched the progress of Aventura.

We chilled out for a little as the weather was not great and headed back to the parks after 8pm, again back for Harry Potter. Wand and robe at the ready we went to Diagon Alley and spent ages doing spells and wandering around. Having had a whole week at Universal it was great to explore all the little details and not feel like it was eating into ride time. Ds again was loving trying to soak us with the water spells.

We rode Gringotts twice, the express pass line was non-existent.

Again Ds was fancying the giant pygmy puff, not happening.

Maybe another owl then? No

We saw the dragon breathe its fire again, it is so impressive in the dark, and headed for the Hogwarts Express for the last ride of the night as it was now 9.50pm.

We had a compartment to ourselves, first and only time. Ds was still unimpressed at Dh trying to take photographs out the window on the train though.

Hogsmeade was looking very atmospheric as a castle show was just finishing.

It was also dead quiet. We had a little wander taking pictures and strolled out the park enjoying the peace and quiet. It was 10.40pm when we left

Happy with our day we walked back to RPR, nobody was really hungry for much but we finished off the doughnuts.
The results are in...

My favourite - orange universal creamsicle closely followed by the peanut cake.
Ds - favourite - peanut cake closely followed by the orange creamsicle.
Dh - favourite - mangotastic although he says there was very little between them all.

Maybe I might get a t-shirt made with that picture on it for slimming world on Monday 😂😂😂 flattering eh?

Steps: 20k
Highlights: Ds – Gringotts Dh – Dr Suess Fountain Me – Time in Suess Landings

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Donuts for breakfast- I love it! That pic of you with the orange creamsicle donut is definitely t-shirt worthy.

Cow fish looks delicious again! How huge is that burger You got some fantastic photos too. We have had the photo pass at Universal before but didn’t see many photographers.

Your handbag is lovely. I love buying bags on holidays, it’s always a nice reminder when you are at home using it.

It looks like you had the parks all to yourselves during the evening! A great day.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Some great photos from today , the cheese & wine looked good
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

The parks look magnificent after dark!
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 4 May 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Donuts for breakfast- I love it! That pic of you with the orange creamsicle donut is definitely t-shirt worthy.

Cow fish looks delicious again! How huge is that burger You got some fantastic photos too. We have had the photo pass at Universal before but didn’t see many photographers.

Your handbag is lovely. I love buying bags on holidays, it’s always a nice reminder when you are at home using it.

It looks like you had the parks all to yourselves during the evening! A great day.
Dh loves the Cowfish burgers - he’d not eat sushi so it’s great we all get something really good. I hope if you do try it again you have a better experience.

I love being out in the parks really late, same at Disney, they are so pretty in the dark.

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Some great photos from today , the cheese & wine looked good
Thanks. Cheese good, wine good 😂 Maybe not very exciting but lovely just the same especially when you don’t have to count the syns 😂

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
The parks look magnificent after dark!
It’s my favourite time. So sad that Disney have done away with their late emh. We’ve had some great experiences in the parks in the dark.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good day

Joan
Thanks Joan. Finishing off late night in a quiet park always ends the day brilliantly.
Old 4 May 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Great piccies in Hogsmeade after dark. Can’t wait to get my hands on some of those Vodoo doughnuts 😋
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
Great piccies in Hogsmeade after dark. Can’t wait to get my hands on some of those Vodoo doughnuts 😋
Thanks. I’d love a voodoo doughnut 🍩 right now. Apple crisp is my absolute favourite.