Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 May 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

I can answer this when we get back this August (if it happens)

We’ve been Dec/April/May/Sept/Oct but never in August - always avoided it but not this year, we’re going for it !

Edited at 09:58 PM.
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

August is my fave time to go. As others have said, weather can be unpredictable. I’d advise to have shoulders and neck covered as sun burn is bloody painful. We use those neck towels that you wet under taps and they are a God send.
Also - don’t bother with ponchos, they just stick to your bare legs when it’s raining and they are a royal pain in the bum.
It’s hot and humid, don’t bother with hair straighteners etc, they won’t work 😂.
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It can be hotter than the surface of the sun and you will sweat in places you didn't think you could sweat from! I remember going in Aug 16, we stayed at CBR, from the walk to the bus stop to our room, which was 2 mins away, I had pearls of sweat dripping down my back, back of the knees, it was gross! You will get the afternoon showers, but we've done august a few times and have never had rain every single day, but sometimes when it rained, boy did it rain! However, you do get used to it, and one thing I have learned is listen to your body, and your kids! If the kids get grumpy because they're hot, have a break, get a cold drink, some air con, go watch an inside show for a break and a sit down. If they want to go back to the pool or room for a rest, do it, there is no point dragging ratty hot kids around just because you don't want to miss a thing, because while dealing with the ratty kids, you will miss things. Take baby wipes and put them in the fridge, they are a life saver, keep sun cream in the fridge, and remember it's a holiday!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My tip is if it looks like there is going to be a short thunderstorm, book a fastpass for one of the less popular rides that close in storms, you will then get a free fastpass that you can then use on one of the very popular/top rides.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

I love that so many of you are saying rains for 20 mins or more than done lol 😂 I wish it was done in 20 mins. The hours and hours I’ve sat in the car because the sirens have gone off.

When you look at the weather you need to look at the % chance, the higher the more widespread the weather is

Edited at 09:09 PM.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

THANK YOU so much everyone, this is really food for thought! If we leave it until 2023 then we could do Easter again but I don’t think I can wait another year!😭
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by State27 View Post
I love that so many of you are saying rains for 20 mins or more than done lol 😂 I wish it was done in 20 mins. The hours and hours I’ve sat in the car because the sirens have gone off.
UK tour operators barely mention the risk of storms and heavy rain for obvious reasons! I remember in 2016 having a week without sun!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

We went in 2019 and we left just before the hurricane was due to hit florida. It was scary at times but they seem to have everything covered over there. We had a few heavy down pours but mostly dry, very hot and humid. I found it OK. We took rechargeable fans that were amazing. Also the cooling towels. The rain is nice and warm though. We had just got into animal kingdom one evening when there was a thunderstorm. Everyone ran for shelter, it lasted a good 25 mins then stopped. You get used to it. Hasn't put us off Aug as we going again this Aug hopefully.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Oscar10
A Guest at All-Stars

One thing to consider also is the closing of pools if there is lighting in the area. We went August 19 and stayed a week at the beach club, 1 night RPR universal and a week in a villa. The pools at the beach club were closed for part of the day at least 5/7 days and the pool at RPR was shut the whole day and night. A bit annoying when you have paid £250-£300 a night
Oscar10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List