Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 May 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shearwood View Post
was admitted to hospital 27th December , stayed in for 5 days,had had bouts on and of for 5 years previously, had my gall bladder removed Feb 16th, been great since the op , gallbladder pain is like nothing on earth!
OMFG 5 years... I think i'd have attempted the op myself by that point

So happy to hear that you have been great since the op, you give me hope for the future!

Oh the pain... it's still pretty current in my mind just now and i'm still a bit tender at the epicentre

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I had mine out in 2012 after being diagnosed in 2007 with them when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my youngest, I kept ending up in maternity with awful abdo pain, they eventually gave me a scan and I had a full gallbladder. They couldn’t operate, and unfortunately during that same pregnancy I was diagnosed with heart failure so they wouldn’t remove them till my heart was stable to undergo an anaesthetic. It was a difficult 4 years of struggling, many a&e visits, living off scrambled eggs and salt & vinegar crisps for a year with the added ingredient of tramadol for the last year. Eventually had them out & I had 26 of the blighters! I totally feel your pain & I hope they remove them as soon as positively, the pain is horrific, and I really hope you are ok xx
Oh my goodness, I feel awful for moaning about my gallstones after reading what you suffered that sounds absolutely horrific I do hope you are so much better now! Sending you HUGE hugs.

Well i've just eaten my baked chicken breast and plain boiled rice... so we'll see how that settles

26 stones! OMFG - the nurse who did my ultrasound last week did mention that i'm "at capacity" so in a way that is good news as it can't get any worse!?!?!?

Thanks for replying Dunx

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Hi sorry to hear you’ve been in pain, I had gallstones 7 years ago and found that any meal that contained more than 2% fat sent me into absolute agony, so I basically cut out anything with any type of fat that was more than that and mainly ate porridge made with water for breakfast, fruit and veg, for lunch and dinner, and anything that was 0 fat by the bucket load. It was just trial and error really, life was pretty boring food wise but I wasn’t in any pain as long as I was careful not to go over 2%. When I was diagnosed the doctor had said 5% fat would be fine but my gall stones said otherwise. Hope you get an appointment soon to have them removed and don’t have too many flare ups. Even though worse things can happen it’s really painful, so sending you a hug. X
Old 2 May 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
Does the Nutmeg you still have give you any trouble?

Hope you're feeling a lot better than you were.

Dunx
Sorry, I think it was the way I wrote this. This is one of the ones that were removed, and I’ve kept it as a reminder - it sits in the medicine cupboard - macabre I know!

Not had any problems since the gallbladder was removed.
Old 2 May 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyore14 View Post
Hi sorry to hear you’ve been in pain, I had gallstones 7 years ago and found that any meal that contained more than 2% fat sent me into absolute agony, so I basically cut out anything with any type of fat that was more than that and mainly ate porridge made with water for breakfast, fruit and veg, for lunch and dinner, and anything that was 0 fat by the bucket load. It was just trial and error really, life was pretty boring food wise but I wasn’t in any pain as long as I was careful not to go over 2%. When I was diagnosed the doctor had said 5% fat would be fine but my gall stones said otherwise. Hope you get an appointment soon to have them removed and don’t have too many flare ups. Even though worse things can happen it’s really painful, so sending you a hug. X
Thank you so much for replying

I'm going back to absolute basics when it comes to eating - it's just not worth the pain and i'll do absolutely whatever it takes to avoid this particular pain... 7 times this year is quite enough

Dr did say something about pethidine pills which I can seemingly get from my Dr for the next flare up... i'll let you know how that pans out

I know, I feel bad for moaning about this as people are currently going through a lot more but I would honestly do just about anything at this point to get rid of this pain for good!

Dunx

Old 2 May 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
Thank you so much for replying

I'm going back to absolute basics when it comes to eating - it's just not worth the pain and i'll do absolutely whatever it takes to avoid this particular pain... 7 times this year is quite enough

Dr did say something about pethidine pills which I can seemingly get from my Dr for the next flare up... i'll let you know how that pans out

I know, I feel bad for moaning about this as people are currently going through a lot more but I would honestly do just about anything at this point to get rid of this pain for good!

Dunx
Don’t feel guilty. Anyone who has been through this understands just how bad the pain can get. Come on here and moan all you like!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Until you experience it nobody understands, I used to do breathing exercises to relieve the pain like I did in child birth when I had an attack, it was a nightmare. The pills sound like a good idea.
Old 2 May 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

OP - I’ve not read ever reply here re hints and tips, but can you tell of any triggers that you can avoid. For me it was excessive dairy so I just avoided this until I had keyhole surgery to remove. No problems since and no problem with any types of food. Hope you can get resolved soon
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine with USB plug to give sense of size. I just had the one as far as I’m aware. But when it got ‘lodged in the bile duct’ it wasn’t nice..

(Actually I think I got off lightly. The pain wasn’t great but I get the sense that others on here got it plenty worse than I did)

Edited at 06:25 PM.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I has my gall bladder out 5 years ago. The pain is horrendous!
My pain always came on in the middle of the night. The routine when I felt the first pangs was to phone 111. They would give me an appointment at an out of hours clinic. Once there I'd settle for nothing less than morphine. That was the only thing that worked.
Good luck.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List