Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 May 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Front of park looks lovey doesn’t it... I’m thinking a full day in Osaka will be enough too. I’m just concerned about travelling around with suitcases on the JR etc now that they have these new guidelines on size. I know we will want to buy lots of things on our travels and we don’t travel lightly either!
Do you know if the Tokyo Disney Hilton hotel keeps luggage for you if you checked out and then returned for a night a week or so later?
My daughter who travels solo to Japan always takes 2 cases (& backpack) as she brings back loads of stuff.
She uses a luggage delivery service whereby she forwards one case to her next hotel, each time she changes hotel. It’s always been totally reliable & she says it doesn’t cost much. You do have to plan packing carefully though so you’ve got the right stuff at the right time. Lol. You can forward luggage to your 2nd hotel directly from your arrival airport. If you Google luggage delivery service Japan, there are several companies that offer this service.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rae21 View Post
Hopefully I’ll be staying at Hotel Sunroute Plaza in Shinjuku in November - pre COVID it was on the Limo bus route fingers crossed It will be back on it. According to a YouTube vid it’s easily accessible from Shinjuku station (just a few minutes walk) Shinjuku station is one of the very busy ones but I went for this as I figured everything should be easily accessible. Last year (which was cancelled) we were due to stay in Ikebukuro again due to accessibility for the trains.
AntonyJ is a font of knowledge for Tokyo and always posts useful links and tips - I’ll be back to picking his brain very soon
I’ve looked at the shinjuku area and would happily stay there, again it’s just difficult finding rooms that sleep 5. I’ll have another look at the bus route, ideally a hotel on the route would be the best option.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
My daughter who travels solo to Japan always takes 2 cases (& backpack) as she brings back loads of stuff.
She uses a luggage delivery service whereby she forwards one case to her next hotel, each time she changes hotel. It’s always been totally reliable & she says it doesn’t cost much. You do have to plan packing carefully though so you’ve got the right stuff at the right time. Lol. You can forward luggage to your 2nd hotel directly from your arrival airport. If you Google luggage delivery service Japan, there are several companies that offer this service.
This sounds a great idea but could be stressful with a family of five! Could be a logistical nightmare 🙈
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

check airbnb, we used a mix of airbnb and hotels. assuming our next july trip goes ahead we will be booking airbnb mainly with a stay in okura bay for the disney portion.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
check airbnb, we used a mix of airbnb and hotels. assuming our next july trip goes ahead we will be booking airbnb mainly with a stay in okura bay for the disney portion.
I will do thankyou x
Old 15 May 21, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Another hotel option

AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

Hi,
We stayed at the Hotel Keihan at Universal when we went.
It was really close to the metro station and right in Universal City Walk so was really easy to get to the park.
We left luggage in a few hotels as we moved around quite a bit and never had any problems.
Thanks
Louise
Old 16 May 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Another hotel option

What was the name of this hotel... I couldn’t see it?
Looks nice though x
Old 16 May 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_Taz View Post
Hi,
We stayed at the Hotel Keihan at Universal when we went.
It was really close to the metro station and right in Universal City Walk so was really easy to get to the park.
We left luggage in a few hotels as we moved around quite a bit and never had any problems.
Thanks
Louise
Yes that looks like a nice hotel too. I’m still undecided on the luggage and what to do!