Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 3 May 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Equestrian stores

Are there any must go to shops in Orlando?

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I know there’s a saddlery in WinterPark but can’t for the life of me remember the name
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

If you are looking for English style clothing/tack we are much better catered for over here... although there maybe a little more Miami or Ocalla way. Western riders are catered for quite well over there...
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by shoei View Post
If you are looking for English style clothing/tack we are much better catered for over here... although there maybe a little more Miami or Ocalla way. Western riders are catered for quite well over there...
Jodhpurs, jackets and riding boots were the thought. We looked last time and expected to find in Dicks (florida mall) but there was nothing in there.
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
nhyw
Very Serious Dibber

nhyw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
World Equestrian Center in Ocala would be the place to go to I think.
Or give them a call and see where else they can recommend that's closer. I have friends that ride and compete there.
worldequestriancenter/oc...isit/shopping/

Windsor Hills Retreat Luxury Vacation Home
Located at Windsor Hills Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
www.windsorhillsretreat.com
Luxury 6 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom Home with South Facing Pool, Spa and Games Room
Click here to see our Dibb advert or for more photos see our website
State of Florida Resort Dwelling License no. #DWE5917028
nhyw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nhyw View Post
World Equestrian Center in Ocala would be the place to go to I think.
Or give them a call and see where else they can recommend that's closer. I have friends that ride and compete there.
worldequestriancenter/oc...isit/shopping/
Are the prices favourable? We have a couple of riders in our party.
Old 7 May 21, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

The big show centers in Florida are Ocala and Wellington (near Ft. Lauderdale/West Palm beach). Both have large and popular shows during the winter season and many northern riders will travel to these locations with their horses.

I don't think you will find reasonably priced clothing anywhere in the Hunter Jumper world. When my daughter competed with her university in national finals, she was kind enough to point out to me she was wearing around $2000.00 worth of clothing (and this was 10+ years ago). And she had the cheap boot-$600.00. For the most part things were really overpriced. IIRC her jacket was $500.00, shirt $150., breeches around $300 and helmet in the $450.00 range. I even think her gloves were at least $50. Fortunately she decided to become a doctor and medical school did not leave time for riding.

You will only find riding apparel in tack shops in the states, never in a general sporting goods store. We had a Dover Saddlery with an outlet department not too far from where she rode and I would stop by often scrounging for bargains.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I was looking up Dover Saddlery and discovered they have a store in Wellington and Winter Park in Florida. I believe Dover Saddlery is the biggest tack shop chain. If they have an "outlet/clearance" section, you can get good prices but choice is limited. I got my DD several shirts in the clearance section for under $100. Last year's model but my DD wore the same shirts for her many years of showing.

stores.doversaddlery/florida/winter-park-fl
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List