Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 May 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hi
Just dropping a note to say I hope she is getting along Ok! Please tell her I was asking!
Seems a long time ago for us both now, eh?
My Wife says Hello and she is doing fine. How time has flown. She was very grateful for your PM's and advice.

I suspect like us you are itching to be away. We should have flown out on Saturday just gone.

OP This is where the Dibb comes in to its own. Support and advice! Just ask and somebody on here will have the answer and/or support.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

DH had his hip replacement mid-February and has been walking without sticks for the last 2/3 weeks. As Tom (well his DW) says walking is the most important thing to do, exercises as well but 2 good walks a day. People round about have commented on how well he is moving. He is virtually pain free (he has back pain not related to hip) and looking forward to a few holes of golf towards the end of summer.
He was in hospital for 2 days after his op but would have been home the day after had it not been that we are 75 miles away from the hospital and transport was a difficulty.
I’m sure you will benefit from the surgery - DH is certainly enjoying his improved mobility.

Edited at 07:42 PM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
moggitymog
slightly serious Dibber

My OH had his hip replaced about 5 years ago due to avascular necrosis, was in for 4 days, and then just took it easy at home. He had 3 months off work due to his job as a psychiatric nurse. His hip was a ceramic one and they were relatively new then. His other hip will need doing at some point but he is generally ok at the minute. Good luck xx

International plaza resort and spa - March 2009 Hawthorn suites, westwood boulevard - Nov 2011 New York - Nov 2014 Rosen inn, pointe orlando - Feb 2015 Enclave Suites - Feb 2018
moggitymog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My Wife says Hello and she is doing fine. How time has flown. She was very grateful for your PM's and advice.

I suspect like us you are itching to be away. We should have flown out on Saturday just gone.

OP This is where the Dibb comes in to its own. Support and advice! Just ask and somebody on here will have the answer and/or support.
Ahh that's really great to hear Tom!
And yes! Desperate to get away, I've been waiting to try my bionic leg out in America for TOO long now! I'm sure your wife is exactly the same! (Ugh but cancellations! We'll all get there soon though! )

Another point OP, when you have it done keep a little diary of what you can do each day, you'll be amazed how quickly things change And will spur you on , on days where you might feel you've not made much progress! And - don't be scared! (I was, I was terrified, but honestly, it's easier than you think to get over Follow your restrictions in the early days and you'll be raring to go in what will seem like no time! )
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lovedisney View Post
I had a trhr in December I’m only 51 best thing I have ever done, the recovery was tough going for the first couple of weeks, I have it done privately as well and stayed in two nights, will pm you
I am so glad somebody has posted this I am due to have my hip replacement done on Monday, I have an arthritic hip. I am quite apprehensive and have been quite emotional about it. I am scared of needles and don’t like hospitals. I do not know whether to go under a general or have the epidural. I am lucky also I am having this done privately. I know it’s a really good thing and I believe it will improve my quality of life and I will be pain free, but I am still scared. Grateful for any hints tips, do’s donuts anyone can give me.
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

Thank you so much for everyone’s replies. My works asking me how long I am likely to be off. I know everyone is different but rough ideas would be great thanks
Hecky78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Back in the office at 6 weeks COULD have comfortably gone back a week earlier but I'd arranged 6 weeks
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

It’s my last day at work tomorrow before op on Monday the consultant told me 6 to 8 weeks which is what I told my boss.
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by charleigh08 View Post
I am so glad somebody has posted this I am due to have my hip replacement done on Monday, I have an arthritic hip. I am quite apprehensive and have been quite emotional about it. I am scared of needles and don’t like hospitals. I do not know whether to go under a general or have the epidural. I am lucky also I am having this done privately. I know it’s a really good thing and I believe it will improve my quality of life and I will be pain free, but I am still scared. Grateful for any hints tips, do’s donuts anyone can give me.
Please pm me if you want to, honestly try and think of the positives it’s been fantastic for me, I felt exactly like you, I had the spinal and epidural never felt a thing was completely out for the count x

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive

Edited at 05:12 AM.
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hecky78 View Post
Thank you so much for everyone’s replies. My works asking me how long I am likely to be off. I know everyone is different but rough ideas would be great thanks
I would say depends on how physical it is, but I think least 6 weeks

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List