Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 May 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Flight Schedule Virgin 2022

Does anybody know when the flight schedule is normally released for the year?

My TA has us on an afternoon flight in May 22 but currently when I look at Virgin for last week in March 22 they only have morning flights (this is as far as I can go for 11 months in advance) but the times differ by week. They do have an indirect afternoon flight which we don't really want to have to do.

W/C 21.03.22 10.05AM
W/C 28.03.22 09.20AM

I'm just wondering what happens with my flight if they don't put back on an afternoon flight?
Downside of booking through a TA prior to flight release I suppose.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

You only will know your flight schedule 11 months before the flight. I think your TA has estimated you on afternoon flight as they used to run 2 flights a day from Manchester but due to circumstances they are only doing 1 right now.

When you get to 11 months then question them about the flight times x

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
You only will know your flight schedule 11 months before the flight. I think your TA has estimated you on afternoon flight as they used to run 2 flights a day from Manchester but due to circumstances they are only doing 1 right now.

When you get to 11 months then question them about the flight times x
I mean, if we end up on a 9.20am flight I am not complaining AT ALL

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

The last week in March 22 will just be in the IATA Winter season / schedule. It's normally the last weekend in March when the Summer season / schedule starts. You'll need to wait a month or two for indicative Summer 2022 flight times to be released.

Given the way things are at present the Summer schedule will only be provisional when released. If Covid rears it's head again then expect flight cancellations / consolidations. Fingers crossed that this will not happen, but I don't have a crystal ball.

If the afternoon flight does not operate, Virgin would normally look to consolidate it with the morning flight. Or, they can offer you an indirect option to get you to / from Orlando on the same days. As you have booked via a TA, then they will have to liaise with Virgin on your behalf - they won't speak to you directly about changing the flight or routing (the one disadvantage of using a TA).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
The last week in March 22 will just be in the IATA Winter season / schedule. It's normally the last weekend in March when the Summer season / schedule starts. You'll need to wait a month or two for indicative Summer 2022 flight times to be released.

Given the way things are at present the Summer schedule will only be provisional when released. If Covid rears it's head again then expect flight cancellations / consolidations. Fingers crossed that this will not happen, but I don't have a crystal ball.

If the afternoon flight does not operate, Virgin would normally look to consolidate it with the morning flight. Or, they can offer you an indirect option to get you to / from Orlando on the same days. As you have booked via a TA, then they will have to liaise with Virgin on your behalf - they won't speak to you directly about changing the flight or routing (the one disadvantage of using a TA).
Great advice as always Kraken - I always think about the weekend the clocks change as when the schedules normally change from winter to summer and vice versa.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post

Amazing reply, thank you so much