Apprentice Imagineer

I just LOVE looking through old photos <3
Old 27 Feb 14, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Really enjoying the comparisons between old and new and just how much ahs continued to evolve over time.
Thanks for sharing and hope there is more to come - the photo with the fanasyland light is great - what camera/ settings arte you using in this day and age - I dread to think what took the originals!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Really enjoying the comparisons between old and new and just how much ahs continued to evolve over time.
Thanks for sharing and hope there is more to come - the photo with the fanasyland light is great - what camera/ settings arte you using in this day and age - I dread to think what took the originals!
Hi, The old one first! I think they were on a Pentax. For sure it was a 35mm. I remember Dad borrowed it off a work colleague.

Back to the future.. All the photos taken with a Nikon dSLR. Nearly all with the stock 18-55mm lens and a polarising filter. Only used a telephoto (70-300mm) for the Seaworld shots and Animal Kingdom safari (next post). All the photos have been edited on Photoshop, mostly just to sort the colours, lighting etc.

On the lightpainting-fantasy land shot (and same for the fireworks and most the night shots) camera set to Shutterpriory ('S' setting on most cameras) set it to around 12 second exposure and leave on a hard surface so as not to rock it (I have a small tripod I use for the fireworks). I just got lucky that someone was walking past swinging a light and I was not even aware of this until reviewing the photo!

Hope that helps. I love how the place looks at night + is quieter so was really looking forward to using the camera then!
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 14, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loving the mix of old and new photos
Old 19 Apr 14, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm loving your trippie and comparisons. Our first visit was in 1988. I think Toon Town was new that year. It was so cute.

One of the things that stood out for me was that the shops in MK were more 'individual' in 1988. By the time we went back in 2000 practically everything had been replaced by Disney merchandise. All very samey.

I'm off to read the rest
DisneyMadAng is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, good point. Seem to remember buying some Atari console accessories in one of the shops in Tomorrowland. Can't really imagine that now!
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
felixo
Excited about Disney

I'm loving this-.your photos and comparisons with then and now are really lovely to see and read about. It must be so nice for you to relive those earlier visits - please keep them coming, I'm hooked.

Frequent Florida Visitors since 1992

Disneyland California
2013-2014-2015 -2016
felixo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Your report is really making me emotional. Those old tickets and hand stamps are what we had when we first visited WDWin 91, not long after some of your photos. Over time you forget the changes, especially when you visit more often.
My DH and I have sat here looking at the old photos together and he never has the patience to read a trip report!
I imagine this has been a trip down memory lane for you too.
Thank you so much for doing this in such an original way.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 14, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Your report is really making me emotional. Those old tickets and hand stamps are what we had when we first visited WDWin 91, not long after some of your photos. Over time you forget the changes, especially when you visit more often.
My DH and I have sat here looking at the old photos together and he never has the patience to read a trip report!
I imagine this has been a trip down memory lane for you too.
Thank you so much for doing this in such an original way.
Thanks for the kind comments on this thread and the other ones. They've been good fun to write, particularly as my day job is more technical than creative. Glad your husband made it to the end of them!

I can remember being very impressed by those uv hand stamps at the time. Never saw them before but reminded of them every time I went into a nightclub in my 20s whenever they used something similar!
Old 13 Mar 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Thankyou for sharing this.. and after all these years. The comparisons are absolutely fascinating.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List