Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lea1992 View Post
I think we are definitely swinging towards these flights. Im such an indecisive person 😂

Pre clearance is definitely a bonus as will have 2 kids with us.. is 2 hours 5 minutes enough to connect does anyone know?
Or there is one for 5 hours 45 minutes which seems so long.

Thank you
I've gone for the 5hours 45 minutes. It's a long time to entertain a 2 year old but my reasoning was, if our flight from Manchester is late and we miss the transatlantic leg then there isn't another direct flight for 3 days. We'd either be missing a big chunk of holiday or flying via other places and not guaranteeing being able to sit together, etc.

People have missed this connection before so I'd rather give myself the best chance of getting there. We'll grab some food before CBP and use the lounge if it reopens.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
Ok, so we still might not be able to go but couldn't resist posting this:

Early August indirect via DUB (so you clear immigration in Dublin)
from £380
(example 3rd to 17th Aug) - but some other dates
Includes 23kg checked bag
Advanced Seat Selection
And voucher if you choose not to fly

Found on Skyscanner
Yeah I've just booked aer lingus. Great price for school holidays, plus flexibility if need to change. I think on our return there is 3 hours which I think will be ok. Fingers crossed for 2021 👍
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lea1992
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
I've gone for the 5hours 45 minutes. It's a long time to entertain a 2 year old but my reasoning was, if our flight from Manchester is late and we miss the transatlantic leg then there isn't another direct flight for 3 days. We'd either be missing a big chunk of holiday or flying via other places and not guaranteeing being able to sit together, etc.

People have missed this connection before so I'd rather give myself the best chance of getting there. We'll grab some food before CBP and use the lounge if it reopens.
We also went for the 5 hours 45 minutes. We have a 3 & 5 year old with us. Like you say if the flight from Manchester is even slightly delayed it's going to be one big rush with 2 little kids to get to the other flight. Would rather take our time get something to eat and do some shopping than be stressed about missing the flight.
Lea1992 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have booked with Aer Lingus for August flying from Leeds Bradford. Great having luggage and seats included and the present clearance in Dublin makes them a real contender I think at the moment.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Eggnboby
Excited about Disney

Anybody have experience of this route and what economy is like compared to say Virgin and TUI?
Eggnboby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

I've flown to Boston via Shannon and to be honest it was totally fine. I can't remember much about legroom or the food but tbh economy tickets are mostly the same. It will the the crew and whether they do good service which make or break it for me. I'm more than happy to do it again. Clearing usa customs in Ireland is brilliant. When you touch down in usa you simply get you luggage from the carousel and walk out the building like domestic. 👍
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Glad we booked it when we did. The same flights are now £1000 per person currently 👍😁