Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 20, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

I read that Trailfinders are covering Covid-19 and I believe that it covers cancellation. I haven't looked at it as we aren't ready to book yet, we have cover with our bank as well and are hoping that by the time we book flights the insurance companies will be covering it again. Someone did say that it wasn't cheap, but I suppose if you're completely covered, then the price is secondary.

Edited at 04:47 PM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
I read that Trailfinders are covering Covid-19 and I believe that it covers cancellation. I haven't looked at it as we aren't read to book yet, we have cover with our bank as well and are hoping that by the time we book flights the insurance companies will be covering it again. Someone did say that it wasn't cheap, but I suppose if you're completely covered, then the price is secondary.
Yes they do have travel insurance that covers Covid. You don’t have to book your holiday with them to buy it. Didn’t look too badly priced to us, although we get insurance with our bank so it will be
an additional cost - we are thinking about getting it for the next year so we are covered but only going to buy it if we book a new holiday.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
I read that Trailfinders are covering Covid-19 and I believe that it covers cancellation. I haven't looked at it as we aren't read to book yet, we have cover with our bank as well and are hoping that by the time we book flights the insurance companies will be covering it again. Someone did say that it wasn't cheap, but I suppose if you're completely covered, then the price is secondary.
That’s brilliant thank you. I’ve just gotten a quote and it’s £67 for my family of 5 for a single trip to Europe. It’s obviously on top of my bank costs but I can live with that.
Old 5 Jul 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBerry
Trying for More Ears

I just took out a Trailfinders policy on a Europe trip too for the cost £64 for all of us I don’t think is too bad considering the situation and offers us peace of mind
DisneyBerry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
That’s brilliant thank you. I’ve just gotten a quote and it’s £67 for my family of 5 for a single trip to Europe. It’s obviously on top of my bank costs but I can live with that.
Someone on Facebook said it was expensive, but to be honest, I don't think that's a bad price with the current situation.

Edited at 10:39 AM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

This is such useful information. I want to rent DVC points but obviously need an insurance policy with cancellation for Covid too. I'll go and read through the Trailfinders Ts & Cs now.
Old 5 Jul 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
This is such useful information. I want to rent DVC points but obviously need an insurance policy with cancellation for Covid too. I'll go and read through the Trailfinders Ts & Cs now.
I haven’t gone that far yet so would you please post if you think there is something that would make a difference.
Old 5 Jul 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I haven’t gone that far yet so would you please post if you think there is something that would make a difference.
I need to call them really as there are a couple of small pre-existing conditions I'd needed added. I also don't think that it offers end supplier failure or scheduled airline failure.

I find this all so confusing...

I did see that DVC Rental Store are now offering cancel for any reason insurance - $3.00 per rented point. Maybe I'll look into that too.
Old 5 Jul 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

My trailfinders quote was £208 for a single trip and £260 for annual for 2 adults and 2 children. We normally pay about £212 through our bank per year so it's not too bad. Definitely considering cancelling bank one to get this because of the Covid-19 cancellation cover. Thanks for the tip!
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KitCat2019 View Post
My trailfinders quote was £208 for a single trip and £260 for annual for 2 adults and 2 children. We normally pay about £212 through our bank per year so it's not too bad. Definitely considering cancelling bank one to get this because of the Covid-19 cancellation cover. Thanks for the tip!
Is that for a US trip? It’s ironic that if we could stick to our original trip we’d be covered. That’s quite a big difference between Europe and US if it is. I wonder if it’s because their cases are higher or just due to the higher costs of healthcare.