Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jan 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

New mums.

My daughter in law is pregnant and due mid feb. She’s had a tough time and due to restrictions we haven’t been able to see her (and son) at all. Can I ask any new mums for ideas for gifts that they have received and loved. I’m looking for something different to flowers and gifts for baby, I’d like to get her something a wee bit different that she’ll love. Any suggestions gratefully received !
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm not a new mum (my youngest is coming up to 8) but I really really appreciated my mil making some meals for me to put in the freezer! I had an emergency section with my first (now 14) and honestly the meals in the freezer were so good! She didn't bother when I had the second, but that's a whole other story!

I know that's not actually a gift, but thought I'd mention it!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

A very old mum but I can remember getting a much appreciated personal basket of pampering goodies, candles , bath and shower stuff .. I thought it was a lovely touch and I never forgot I was very grateful..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

My baby is 11 but my friends all gave me a gift bag for me.

Palmer's cocoa butter, lip balm, sleep spray for the pillow, a lovely nightie for afterwards, a mini bottle of wine, a small box of truffles. They also chipped together and got me a gorgeous bracelet but I do the other gifts for pregnant friends.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

My sister in law cooked some meals for us and that was fantastic.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

my eldest is 13 and youngest 10 but I got a lovely sanctuary mum to be gift set (from Boots) from my neighbour/close friend. It was lovely and made me feel a bit special. Not sure if they still do it but it was purple rather than the usual orange
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Maybe a nice piece of jewellery? Or a voucher for a pamper day while you get to babysit - win win for both of you x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
hsm89
Getting Excited

I second the pamper day idea! Maybe a voucher for her local salon, for when it reopens? I had a baby last year and I now have a whole new appreciation for “me” time!

Congratulations to your family! I hope the last few weeks of her pregnancy go well x
hsm89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

My daughter received a letterbox cream tea and absolutely loved it xx
Old 1 Feb 21, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I bought my best friend Pamper bits and chocolates for her, as well as things for the baby she was so touched as everything else had just been for the baby.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List