Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Feb 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

10 when we went to France drove to Southampton (long way from NE Scotland when your 10 & brother of 13 stuck in a car!) ferry to Le Harve then drove through France to a static caravan park! Then first flight 2 years later to Costa Del Sol.
Old 6 Feb 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Magaluf 1979. Stayed in the Sol Magaluf which is still there.
I was only 8 but remember being on the balcony and looking out over basically deserted land and there was a couple of cafes and bars across the road where my dad and I played pool.
I drove through a few years ago, with the huge amounts of bars and clubs, all built up, drunks falling in the road in midday and thought how things change.
Old 6 Feb 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

It was 1997, I was 18 and I went to Tenerife with my then boyfriend and his family. His mum was not impressed that we shared a room (he was 21). We're still together now!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

1965 to Pietra Ligure in Italy with a friend. We flew from Southend to Ostend and then coached it down to Italy. We stopped in Brussels by the Atomium for lunch, a very impressive building, then in Switzerland for the night. We woke up to the sound of cow bells, magic. Pietra itself was a bit boring and not that warm!
Old 6 Feb 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

1982 to Majorca (club 18-30 &#128521
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Walt Disney World & Lido Key, Sarasota - 1979 (aged 5). The life long love affair began!...

Edited at 10:38 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

1954 (when I was 2) to Eire if that counts as abroad. If it doesn't it would be 1957 to West Germany.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

1980 when I was 15 years old, my aunt and uncle took me to Miami for 2 weeks and during our stay we took a coach trip to Orlando and visited Disney World for 2 days. In those days, WDW only consisted of Magic Kingdom

My first family holiday with DH and the children was many years later in 2004 when we took DS 17, DS 15 and DD 3 to Majorca. We couldn’t afford to take the boys when they were young and family holidays then were mainly UK caravan breaks but we still have lots of happy memories of those. We’ve had lots of holidays overseas with DD since then and a couple with the older boys too. Our first Disney trip with DD was in 2016 when she was 15, exactly the same age as I was on my first trip there 💞
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
1980 when I was 15 years old, my aunt and uncle took me to Miami for 2 weeks and during our stay we took a coach trip to Orlando and visited Disney World for 2 days. In those days, WDW only consisted of Magic Kingdom

My first family holiday with DH and the children was many years later in 2004 when we took DS 17, DS 15 and DD 3 to Majorca. We couldn’t afford to take the boys when they were young and family holidays then were mainly UK caravan breaks but we still have lots of happy memories of those. We’ve had lots of holidays overseas with DD since then and a couple with the older boys too. Our first Disney trip with DD was in 2016 when she was 15, exactly the same age as I was on my first trip there 💞
Flying back from Australia when I was 13 in 1978 we stopped at Miami for two nights and did a day trip by coach to Disneyworld. There was only magic kingdom, my dad was in his fifties and refused to queue for anything, so we only did a few rides so I vowed to return. I went 1987 and stayed with my aunt age 22 at Cocoa beach.
Old 6 Feb 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I want to say 1979 with my parents and younger brother. Flew to Athens, coach to a ferry port then ferry to Andros on Batsi. Beautiful island. Went back with DH before we were married probably about 1987 and stayed in an apartment. We got about the island on a very dodgy motorbike.

This was my only trip abroad with my parents. No school trips abroad either. Either didn't have the money. The only other trip that I could have gone on was the cruise with the school I can't remember the name of the boat but the Falklands war broke out and the boat was used in the war effort.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List