Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I have helped with ripping old kitchen out , making tea and clearing up after the plumber and builder .
The larder is in the kitchen , but a tall fridge freezer has sat there for years .
Where as now a new fridge freezer will be integral in unit , freeing up larder . 😜
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky7
I want to go now!

Is it a Howden’s kitchen? We are getting ours done in April it looks like the choices we looked at. It is a really nice design you must be really excited. I wish we had the space for a nice big larder.
Kirky7 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Yes Howdens kitchen
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Feel your pain-nearly three weeks into new kitchen fit but also having new floor, ceiling, plumbing, lights and electrics. Old kitchen was 15 years old and looked very dated. We have a galley kitchen and couldn’t really stray from original footprint but found Howdens really good with design ideas. Good luck OP - will def be worth it when done
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Feel your pain-nearly three weeks into new kitchen fit but also having new floor, ceiling, plumbing, lights and electrics. Old kitchen was 15 years old and looked very dated. We have a galley kitchen and couldn’t really stray from original footprint but found Howdens really good with design ideas. Good luck OP - will def be worth it when done
And to Simon ... have you found Howdens to be reasonably priced? Were you able to negotiate? And how have you found your fitters? Through Howdens or independently?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
And to Simon ... have you found Howdens to be reasonably priced? Were you able to negotiate? And how have you found your fitters? Through Howdens or independently?
We bought ours in October in the sale and feel we got a good deal with upgrades to appliances but were under pressure to sign by end of October to secure a price. Fitter lives just down the road and I know his wife and he had good reviews, so went with him. Howdens also spoke highly of him but didn’t recommend anyone. I always prefer word of mouth recommendations where possible but fitter we chose was only one recommended who was happy to cut and fit the quartz worktops we wanted
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Howdens were reasonably priced , but I did negotiate a number of things that were better priced elsewhere ! in all fairness they matched on said items .
I am using tried and tested independent tradesmen ! Known them forever .
Electrician , plumber and general builder and carpenter .
Price wise they work out cheaper than Howdens people , but for me it’s more about peace of mind and trust .
Old 19 Feb 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lovely kitchen, we have the Howden shaker kitchen in cream , gloss this time . Our last one at our previous house was exactly the same but in Matt finish .
We have had ten years from the later and are now ready for a change , the one sure thing is it’ll be another Howdens , great kitchens
Can’t wait to see it completed
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Kitchen Electrics first fix underway

Old 20 Feb 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Nearly done for first fix electrics