Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Feb 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hay Fever - Every year I forget

Every year for the past 10 plus years I get hay fever at roughly the end of February. Its symptoms in short make me think I have mild heart issues. It last around four - six weeks and then it goes away when the trees are all fully budded.

However every single year, this year included ,I forget that I get hay fever at this time of year. So once again I have had the symptoms for the past week and been worried there is something wrong. I only clicked today when I was sitting in the conservatory thats once again my hay fever season has arrived.

I really must try better to remember that I get this every year. Would stop the worry!
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

I've started taking my fexofenadine this week. Wanted to scratch my eyes out on Monday but resisted the temptation and made do with eye drops 😂
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Every year for the past 10 plus years I get hay fever at roughly the end of February. Its symptoms in short make me think I have mild heart issues. It last around four - six weeks and then it goes away when the trees are all fully budded.

However every single year, this year included ,I forget that I get hay fever at this time of year. So once again I have had the symptoms for the past week and been worried there is something wrong. I only clicked today when I was sitting in the conservatory thats once again my hay fever season has arrived.

I really must try better to remember that I get this every year. Would stop the worry!
Yup us too ! You forget all about it and start thinking 'oh I must have a cold' then you remember. DH been taking his antihistamines last few days, mine not started yet as mine seems to change each year but guess it will be along pretty soon.
Old 25 Feb 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yep it’s tree pollen that sets DH off this time of year as well
He started his meds earlier so hopefully no sneezing and coughing this year
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh my eyes are so bad! I have drops, nasal spray and tablets which I take/do everyday bit I could literally scratch my eyes out!
They itch and prick so bad 😡
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I've been taking my stuff for a couple of weeks now, I've never suffered this early before. I think it's going to be a bad year for hayfever sufferers.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Someone said there is less pollution because of lockdown and that keeps the pollen in the air longer causing more symptoms.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Someone said there is less pollution because of lockdown and that keeps the pollen in the air longer causing more symptoms.
In that case, it might as well rain until September.

A crackin' Goffin & King song.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DH will be so pleased he's not going mad. He has been miserable today with a clear runny nose. We put it down to a vase of daffs in the kitchen and moved it out of there. He hasn't tried anti-histamine, but he has tried whiskey as he swears it dries it up!
Old 25 Feb 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh my goodness, me too. And you’ve just reminded me of why my eyes have been itching the past few days, so thank you! Mine is worst in the spring, April being horrendous.