Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 31 Jan 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallace84
First POST

Can anyone help a newbie?

Hey Everyone!

I’m new to the Dibb and hoping for some advice from you all.

Having not been to Disney for over 30 years I don’t know where to start in planning a trip for October 2022.

So far I’ve thought about a villa and car hire for my family of 4, however, I don’t know where to start on the different locations. We are planning on doing both Disney and Universal attractions.

I’m also open to staying in a hotel although I’m not sure staying on Disney site will be right for us. Being close to restaurants would be good. I know this is a little vague but any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m a little overwhelmed with planning, and I’ve only just begun 😂
Wallace84 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wallace84 View Post
Hey Everyone!

I’m new to the Dibb and hoping for some advice from you all.

Having not been to Disney for over 30 years I don’t know where to start in planning a trip for October 2022.

So far I’ve thought about a villa and car hire for my family of 4, however, I don’t know where to start on the different locations. We are planning on doing both Disney and Universal attractions.

I’m also open to staying in a hotel although I’m not sure staying on Disney site will be right for us. Being close to restaurants would be good. I know this is a little vague but any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m a little overwhelmed with planning, and I’ve only just begun 😂
Hi & welcome to the DIBB

If you don’t want to stay onsite we always stay on International Drive in the Rosen Inn close to lots of restaurants & Universal too

I’ve never been in a villa though as I do like walking from my hotel room to breakfast etc

I have never stayed in a villa, I’m sure someone will be along to offer some more advice
This really is the best place for all things DISNEY 🇺🇸🇺🇸
Have fun with your planning
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome, be careful because once you start down the Dibb path you may never leave hahaha 🤣

I’ve stayed in villas on both the US192 and the US27. These are main roads that cater for many villa areas. You can see these areas on the interactive map and their location compared to Disney Dibb map here

There are also Dibb villas to hire on this site. I have not stayed in one yet but they look amazing and you can read lots of reviews. The villa search is here

For me the benefits of a villa include...

1. Tons of space, gives you chance to spread out, have your own pool, lots of amenities etc etc.
2. Be able to get out of the Disney bubble for a time. Some love being in the bubble but for us a little time out allowed us to reset and relax for the next day.
3. Allow you to see and explore other parts of the local area if you want to. You can do this from hotel of course.

Really you need to note down what you want most from your holiday as Florida is going to have whatever you want.

Edited at 11:09 PM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Welcome to The Dibb
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi and welcome. There are many many villa locations in Florida with different price ranges from basic to luxury. the closer to the parks the pricier they become.

As for hotel, i would recommend a hotel on International drive as it has great access to Restaurants, shops and theme parks. The I ride trolley going up and down the full stretch of I drive. hope this helps
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Hello and welcome to the Dibb .
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

Hello and welcome to the DIBB! I've never been and I am currently planning my first ever trip so I don't have much advice in the way of what to do and what not to do.

The only advice I have to offer is from when I was a travel agent and it's the same thing I told everyone no matter where they were looking to book - Always have a think about what is important to you and your family, think of the things you value and cannot do without whilst you're out there, and then begin to have a look at options that tick all the boxes!