Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Feb 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile Barney has closed for good

I just read that Barney has closed permanently in Universal Studios. I'm so sad, I think I loved this show more than my kids on our last trip, he just brings back lots of happy memories!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

My 15 year old dd will be sad when I tell her. We haven't been to Universal since about 2016 and she still wanted to go to the Barney show when we next go to Universal. Lots of happy memories.
Old 4 Feb 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

So many happy memories of the Barney show. My then little granddaughter loved him on tv , then aged 2 face to face with him. She’s now 26 and still goes to see him on her visits.
Catching those magic leaves , a treasure forever.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

My 17 year old used to love that show, happy memories, but even if it was still open I don't think we would see the show anymore.

Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination... I still know all the words, we spent many hours watching it when our son was young.
Old 4 Feb 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Aww Barney, many happy times spent watching the show and I do sometimes like to spout the lines, Please and Thank You are the magic words, if you want nice things to happen they are the words that should be heard!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Sad but the show was looking pretty dated although the play area was still good.

Barney TV show ended 2009 so he is not as popular as he once was.
The venue was already always pretty empty the 3 times we went.

Rumours on t'internet that Super Nintendo world is going to go into that area.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

But I thought the new part was going behind Icon Park, not actually in universal studios?
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
But I thought the new part was going behind Icon Park, not actually in universal studios?
themeparkinsider/flume/202102/7999/

The show's closure also will fuel rumors that Universal might be thinking about closing the Woody Woodpecker's KidZone land to make way for Super Nintendo World. That land had been slated for the new Epic Universe theme park, but with that park now shelved indefinitely due to the pandemic and resulting collapse in demand for travel, Universal might need to find it a new home if it can't make the case for resuming work on Epic Universe within the next year or so. Before the Epic Universe project emerged, KidZone had been tipped as the site for Universal's Nintendo land.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Feel quite sad as it was the highlight of 2 florida trips when dd's were little and Barney mad
Old 4 Feb 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Was sad to read this. Lots of special memories for us. Used to average 3 or 4 visits each year. DS2 got to see it when he was 11 months and 2 but alas COVID stole his 2020 and future viewing.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List